1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Passive Occupy protesters take pepper spray blast

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

One article with one paragraph with one sentence about one individual is not proof.

You are wrong and know it. You seem to be too proud to admit it, or you just don't care about the truth when you make insulting statements.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Now that everyone has had a chance to put in their two cents and take sides it turns out that the police were acting unlawfully and overstepping their authority.
    University of California Police are not authorized to use pepper spray except in circumstances in which it is necessary to prevent physical injury to themselves or others.

From the University of California’s Universitywide Police Policies and Administrative Procedures: “Chemical agents are weapons used to minimize the potential for injury to officers, offenders, or other persons. They should only be used in situations where such force reasonably appears justified and necessary.”

… UC police are not authorized to use physical force except to control violent offenders or keep suspects from escaping.

Another quote from the UC’s policing policy: “Arrestees and suspects shall be treated in a humane manner … they shall not be subject to physical force except as required to subdue violence or ensure detention. No officer shall strike an arrestee or suspect except in self-defense, to prevent an escape, or to prevent injury to another person.”
    Read on . . .

I suppose now the hypocrites who have consistantly taken sides with the "authorities" no matter how brutal and tyrannical their actions have been proven will no doubt come out and try to twist logic beyond all reason to shield these thugs from accountability. "Kid "A" moved his foot in the wrong direction! Beat him down!" Or, "that girl tried to wipe the pepper spray out of her eyes, that's a threatening move! Beat her down!"

That's how it usually works around here. Citizens are held to the letter of the law while the "authorities" are allowed to get away with mass murder and looting on a global scale.

Thugs acting under the color of law are always given a pass by the good Christian folks here abouts. Always!

Bush and Obama get a pass for starting illegal wars and causing the deaths of thousands and the misery of millions. No problem. The law be damned. It's all for a "good cause".

But . . .

Let a few kids sit in a circle and try to protest the actions of these crimminals and tyrants and boom all of a sudden we start caring whether the law has been broken.

Hypocrites.

No one is above the law. Not even your precious lilly white "authorities" who act like they are our new gods and rulers.

Hypocrites.

I hope these thugs and their "superiors" get their black military uniforms sued right off their backs.

#162 poncho, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbsup:
    Thank you for that post.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Pepper Spraying America!

View some paintings of our new American reality HERE.

Freedom = dangerous extremism.

https://plus.google.com/11637411792...soSqE#116374117927631468606/posts/NDYJEnsoSqE

Police Pepper Spray 84-Year Old Woman, Priest, Pregnant Woman and Blind Woman with a Cane.

What a bunch of heros eh?

"Oh but wait a minute there Poncho, there was an "incident" with a couple protesters that "forced" the police to act like Nazi goons against everyone."

"So there it's all justified and yer a kook for not not defending the poor police officers that are using chemical weapons that are banned from use against Al Qaeda on our own citizens".

#164 poncho, Nov 23, 2011
  5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho,
    In general, you are correct: No one is above the law. That is why a military guard posted at an entry control point (not in a war zone) should not simply shoot at a vehicle approaching his position at a high rate of speed, even though his supervisor ordered him to do so.

Let's look at a couple of other things in that same Procedures policy:
    With those kind of policies in place, kinda intimidates the employees to do their job or face termination. Not an excuse, just something to consider.

(personally, not a policy I agree with, even if later paragraphs offer "conflict resolution" methods)

Now, I've found a conflict with your second point about the use of force:
    "...officers may use such reasonable force as is necessary to affect an arrest, to prevent escape or to overcome resistance." (Section 901)

So you have an opening paragraph that almost contradicts a subsequent paragraph (the one you referenced). The subsequent paragraph does state "ensure detention"; but that's not what these campus cops were trying to do. At best, they were "overcoming resistance."

Seems to me their entire policy needs to be reviewed and revised.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Seems to me we need less hypocrisy and more real patriotism. The kind of patriotism that upholds the law and not those abusing the law for their own gain or personal protection from prosecution.

Or for the sake of gaining or holding onto power alone.

I guess I'm just one of those kooks that still believes black is not white and wrong is not right, war is not peace and ignorance is not power and freedom is not slavery. Gee no wonder I never fit in around here.

#166 poncho, Nov 23, 2011
  7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should run for office.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Just remember. Some people will deny good to protect their beliefs no matter the amount of evidence that is given to prove them wrong or how evil their belief is. Men and women have died for our freedoms and now many of the very ones who have or do wear the same uniforms stomp on the graves of those who have died by helping the destruction of our liberties, freedoms and rights to show criminal authority.

What those police did was criminal and even the dumbest of the dumb could see that on the video. They were not being attacked, and they were not trying arrest anyone. They just decided to harm some people lead my an ex-military man under the covering of authority.

#168 freeatlast, Nov 23, 2011
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Results of the task force that investigated the incident; but not the "final" word on the subject.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/n...of_uc_davis_leaders/srvc=home&position=recent
    I say "not the 'final' word on the subject," because now this report can be used for lawsuits against the university and the personnel involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.