1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor Benny Hinn: Charlatan or Man of God?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spear

Spear New Member

We don't hear much about american preachers here, i only ever heard about 2 in fact.

I never heard good things from than one, our pastor said he was doing a show

The other one i ever heard about is Billy Graham, who seems to be someone really great from what i've read, even if our pastor told us he said a few things that deceived him in the past years, i didn't question about that to be honest.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I'm not surprised since I don't think evangelical preachers are tolerated well in France, n'est-ce pas? (I am not saying Hinn is evangelical -- he's a false prophet and a heretical preacher).

In fact, evangelical Christianity is often considered a cult over there. I think the stats on born-again believers in France is something like less than 2%.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'd like to see hard data on that.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

My sister is a missionary there and would never give this information if it were not backed up by the best statistics. I have also heard this from at least 2 other missionaries in France. My sister was just here on furlough, speaking in churches about France and the situation there.

Talk to any Christian missionary in France and you'll find this is true - the soil is very hard there. Despite many who are nominally Catholic, it is mostly a secular, agnostic culture with a lot of New Age and belief in psychics thrown in, and a growing Muslim population.

http://www.ccfof.org/evangelicalfrance/evangelicalfrance.html

#24 Marcia, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  5. Spear

Spear New Member

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=61927

Here, yes i've never seen more than 50 people in a baptist church, even in Lille where i used to live, where the area has 1000000 people. There were 2 baptists churches that i knew of, and 1 Assembly of God, there were maybe 1 or 3 more assemblies (and there are many catholic churches).

Here religion is a private thing. It's strictly forbidden to have any " clear sign " of religion in any public school, or if you work in a public office.

Same at work. If i had a printed verse on my desk, or on my own office wall, it could be the cause of a reproach, and i would probably have to remove it.

When i speak about religion in general, or put on one of my " Jesus " shirts, people generally tend to smile (not that they agree, more as if i put something excentric on). Some are naturally hostile to that, and will openly fight anything that has to do with religion and try to contrary you in any way they can. That used to be common with our friends, because i come from an atheist family, and our friends were surprised about me talking about the Lord. The immediate reaction was to try to tear my beliefs in pieces, kindly but surely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.