1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor Insults Congregation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a fable among Baptist circles about how a shepherd will break the leg of a sheep that keeps wandering off. By carrying the sheep on his shoulders, when the leg heals, the sheep will be so endeared to the shepherd that it won't wander off again.

It is a myth.

There is no evidence in sheep-herding circles that any herder ever breaks the leg of a wandering sheep. In fact, sheep herders consider this a cruel act.

If the sheep's leg heals properly, the only real result is that it knows the face, shape, and odor of the person who caused it harm. As a result, it will always treat that person with timidity, wondering if--or rather, when--they will inflict harm on them again. In other words, trust is broken.

Worse, the leg may not heal properly; in which case, the lame sheep slows down the herd, and becomes a liability to the entire flock.

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You nailed it! Nothing much more to add to this. What garbage! Public humiliation is appropriate to this situation? First this 'pastor' states that 'I'm important!'. 'Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up.' James 4:10.

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.
    Galations 6:1

Not sure sleeping during this nimbcompoops 'sermon' should be considered a 'sin', but I'm glad I don't sit through nonsense like this anymore.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Another possibility is if I were in that service, have a roll of duct tape. That will stop him.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes .... I'm glad some of us can see that.

I'm glad you can see things like they are and can explain it so well. This kind of thing is sickening.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thank you for pointing that out. This is the exact profile of someone who would physically abuse their spouse and kids. It would not surprise me if he put cigarette burns on his children.