1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor of FBC Hammond

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Rhetorician, Aug 10, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the FBI would be involved in this case!

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

As I understand it..

OldReg...As I understand it, when you cross state lines, particularly when sex with a minor is involved, it becomes a federal issue. That would invite the FBI to be involved. I could be wrong but I don't think so. One of my sons was taken across state lines by a man over the age of 21 about 15 years ago when he was in his mothers custody. The FBI got involved because they considered it kidnapping because he was underage at the time. No sexual stuff involved but it was an age issue. Actually, they went on a mutually agreed joyride in a "borrowed" car. (they were gone for over a week before they got caught) Even though my son admitted after the "adventure" that they were just out joyriding for the thrill of it, they charged the older guy and sent him to jail. Pray for my son (my youngest) He is far away from the Lord even today and I rarely hear from him. It has been over 6 months:tear:. The last I heard he was in Kansas City.

Bro.Greg

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As noted above, they crossed states line and the girl is\was considered a minor under the the Mann Act. The Mann Act has been on the books since 1910.

#23 Squire Robertsson, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  4. OldRegular

Thanks. This incident is news to me! Very sad! Sexual abuse of a child/young person can create life long problems. And considering the difference in age and position this would be abuse in my opinion!

#24 OldRegular, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here is something scary to ponder: for every one that is caught, how many are NOT caught (in this life) ?

6. OldRegular

I suspect the number would be appalling!