1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor on the clock

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Oct 9, 2013.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs:

Truth is EWF, all across the land ministers of all domains show up as hirelings. This is not simply a matter of "music ministers". Being in the frame of mind of a hireling is a matter of heart. A matter of whether one is truly a "minister" at heart. I have been under music ministers whose heart is strong in the Lord and do everything within their abilities to point people through worship to God.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Any pastor who is not willing to pitch in when needed is not doing his job well. However, we see in the scriptures that "care" was not the primary role of the pastors. " “It is not right that we should give up preaching the word of God to serve tables. Therefore, brothers, pick out from among you seven men of good repute, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we will appoint to this duty. But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”

If a pastor is neglecting his duties of studying and preparing the teaching of the Word of God because his congregation is neglecting the assisting of the care of the church, then there is a bigger problem.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

A hearty amen to that!

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I agree with you completely! However, churches (people) being "who they are" must be led and "grown" spiritually to that level of maturity. Demanding such, will likely not result in such.

5. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Everything you just stated are the kinds of things every Christian could and should do, except preaching, and even there I don't think you have to be a pastor to preach.

This leads to another point, but I'll wait a while.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, every Christian should do them, but not on the same scale that the pastor should. Not by a country mile.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I think you are absolutely right, QF. This is wisdom on your part and a lot of young ministers would benefit from the hearing of it.

However, some people don't WANT to grow to that level of maturity. They are bitter that they work on the clock doing things they don't enjoy forty and fifty hours a week while the pastor does much of his weekly work from an easy chair. Trying to explain why this is as it ought to be to these people is like trying to explain why black people should be allowed to vote to a white supremacist. They don't WANT to hear it.