1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor Qualifications.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by pilgrim2009, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Lets see, so far we cans ee the op doesn't like pastors, and he doesn't like bible schools.
    And has changed the topic of this thread.
    I beleive thats called trolling.

I was wondering if he was wearing his foil hat to protect himself while he was posting this stuff.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Steven,

Unfortunately you have committed the unpardonable sin on this forum, that is speaking ill of Darby and Scofield. I have Canfield's book so know some of what you are talking about. However, this Forum is dominated by dispensationalists so be prepared for a rough time.

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I enjoyed reading this thread. I like it in the same way I like listening to George Noorey or Art Belle. I think this would make a great movie and should be done. I would watch it! It would definately make tons of money on the order of Dan Brown's movies. But accuracy? I don't know about that. Sources would be nice to see referred to. I like the term a "leading researcher" with out mentioning who it is. It could be Willy Wonka or it could be William Foxwell Albright. I have no idea.

6. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly,that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith,giving heed to seducing spirits,and doctrines of devils.Speaking lies in hypocrisy;having their conscience seared with a hot iorn,

{1st Tim 4:1-2}

I know brother.It was hard for me to accept to.I read William Cox`s ex-dispensationalist Analyzing Scofield and what the bible really says has been a real blessing to me.I am no longer confused and dont have to jump from one book and verse of the bible to understand it.Thank God for men with real concern about Gods people to expose these men and lead them into the way everlasting.Amen

Steven.

#26 pilgrim2009, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No one here has "departed from the faith". We have differences of opinion, but are all of the same faith. Maybe you should do a study of what "departing from the faith" really means.

8. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Assuming all that is true about Darby and Scofield, none of that is relevant to the Bible. The question we must ask is "What does the Bible teach?" When we ask that question, we find that the ideas known as dispensationalism have strong biblical support, and have existed far longer than two hundred years. You are making a common mistake, thinking that because some person was bad, therefore what they believed or taught was bad. That is a grave argumentative mistake. A belief must be taken on its own merits.

10. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Dispensationalism is not the faith of 1800 years of Christianity.Just read some of the old reformers commentaries you will see.This doctrine was built during the same time as others were building Adventism-Campbellites-Christian Science etc.

God bless.

Steven.

11. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I have to disagree agreeably.That would be saying that noone understood the Bible for 1800 years and this is secular reasoning.Dispensationalism has some severe problems without biblical support.

God bless you brother.

Steven.

12. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This I believe is true. But the rest of it? Jesuit spies leading all protestant seminaries by the nose. Sounds like a horrid fantasy from Jack Chick. BTW I enjoy reading his tracts too. Though some are good like this was your life but the others are just out there.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Whether that's true or not, Dispensationalists are not heretics. There are many godly people that hold different views of the end times. Dispensationalists cannot be compared to SDA's or Christian Scientists.

14. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Let me say I do not consider my brethren heretics just mis-lead I love them all and attend myself a dispensationalist church.My Pastor understands I have a different view but in love he has not dis-fellowshipped me because he even says he questions much of dispensationalism`s doctrines but that was the way his brain was educated.He says when someone dis-fellowships over minor doctrines that they are in reality not walking in the Spirit but the flesh and he has been preaching for 65 years.I praise God for his wisdom.

God bless in Jesus.

Steven.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is good to hear, but what you stated earlier implied that you do think Disp.'ists are heretics.

This statement was made by you in response to OR's post:
    Steven,

Sure sounded like you were saying Dispensationalists are heretics.

#35 Amy.G, Jun 24, 2009
  16. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I read a book that was titled that and did not mean it to sound like it was directed as dispensationalist.I apologize.

I have a dictionary of early Christian beliefs with-in the first 400 years of Christianity and they understood Daniel 9:27 to have been fulfilled in Christ not some future coming Ani-Christ.They spoke nothing of a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and they believed the Temple in Jerusalem was a history never to be repeated.The early Christians believed the early Jewish Church was the Spiritual Israel with the Gentiles grafted in.They believed the Temple of God in 2nd Thess chapter 2 was the Church of God where the man of sin would be one day {2nd Cor 6:16}To say Christians for 1800 years mis-understood the Bible is secular reasoning.

The doctrine started with a Jesuit in the 1530`s and came to Fruition in the 1900`s.The reformers from the 1500`s to the 1830`s held the same theology that the first 400 years of Christianity held.Yes there are those that has to have this rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and its not for biblical reasons.To not believe the Jesuits are involved is to stick ones head in the sand and just plain ignore the facts.

God in Jesus bless you.

Steven.

#36 pilgrim2009, Jun 24, 2009
  17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No it wouldn't be like that at all.

I agree. But dispensationalism does have biblical support, and therefore has no severe problems. It has some issues that certainly need clarification and work, but all the options do. Covenantalism, the primary option to dispensationalism, is relatively new as a system as well.

When the text is actually worked on (as opposed to man made theories and ideas), dispensationalism stands just fine.

18. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Pastor have you ever read William Cox`s Analyzing Scofield?

A very well refutation of his system.

Another great source is the Nicene Councils DVD The Late Great Planet Church and Against Dispensationalism.Wow it will cause you to pack your bags and run from camp and its based on history and what saith God.

God bless in Jesus.

Steven.

19. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No, I tend to stay away from second class stuff. I have actually read the academic works in opposition to dispensationalism. They are well-researched and well-written. They are unconvincing. I don't follow Scofield or Lindsey.

Again, I don't really care if you are a dispensationalist or not. But it is wrong to pretend that dispensationalism has no biblical support. It does.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.