1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor wants me to join, am I out of line to say yes but with conditions?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Melissa36, Dec 18, 2005.

1. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

What I was pointing out to you is......it is easy to judge others through the misconception of how you think they should be. I once joined a body of believers where there was a lady whose general appearance made her appear in my mind to be that of a "holy roller". I didn't want to be associated with her for all of the wrong reasons. I discovered later at church functions that she was the kindest and most understanding of so many in the church. For awhile, I let my own prejudices get in the way of good judgement. So I know first hand that what we perceive can often be a misconception and very wrong. Since you didn't know these people well, I heard prejudice and it reminded me of myself in years past. I just wanted you to consider this possibility.

Oh and I too have only an AA struggled to obtain it and I am not ADD but do have some learning disabilities, so we are very alike...... oops, you didn't want to "hear" that now did you??? LOL.

2. Melissa36

Melissa36 New Member

Billymac,
    I recall doing the same thing. Your right, It's alot easier to like people when you get to know them in person.

Hope you have a Merry CHRISTmas

[​IMG] ;) [​IMG]