1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastoral Search & Credit Check???

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by PastorP, Mar 19, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

That is exactly what I was thinking and why I was thinking it.

I led my family and some some folks from my church through the FPU program. It has been very helpful. Dave Ramsey does not need to apply, but that does not mean that one of the many pastors who have been working the program and achieved that kind of financial freedom could not be applying for a pastorate.

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Sounds perfectly logical and mirrors a worldly way. Hire the hireling.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I pastored a church that once I arrived on the site I began to hear things from some people in the community about a few of the leaders. After about three weeks I came home and told my wife that we were in the wrong church.

4. Carpenter

Carpenter Member

I personally find it a little funny, in a sad sort of way, that most churches will base calling a pastor on his financial situation, and then pay a salary that will put most in a bad financial position, especially when they have a family to support. :BangHead:

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I agree with annsni. While there are a few "exceptions", we all should work to live within our means.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A pastor has the option to accept or reject their invitation. What may be adequate for one may not be for another.