1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastoral Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Pistos, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

Bro Tom,
    You should get the diplomat of the year award. What you believe and what I believe may never come together but I know this, I hope I will always appreciate respect, congenialogy (sp) and a great attitude. You get my vote.

I am sorry but I do believe it scriptural today or agree with elder rule. I believe James to be a wise pastor to set up a council to hear issues and give thier opinions listening to them before he gives the final answer. I believe that is all there was to it. I do not see anyone ruling in this text but James. He was the only one to make a definitive ruling. I understand this "gets all over" the elder rule guys, but you can't make a duck into a donkey. There is only quackin' goin' on here!

Thanks Bartimaeus/Ky/Look Away!

2. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

:tonofbricks: I realize now I am in dire straits. I am involved in the hijacking of a thread. I do not want to do that at all. I have not done this on purpose so I will be pleased to back out of here and concede all questions to me up to this point, asking one of the other gentlement to kindly start a thread on elder rule and I hope to be involved. It was good to deal with you all.

Thanks Bartimaeus/Ky/Look Away!