1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastorless Church

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by GrannyGumbo, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walls

Walls New Member

You are so right about that imbalanced view. I heard someone say that they preach the whole counsel of God, but all they preach is hate and condemnation. The preacher where we have been going to church is teaching on Pharisees and hypocrites. It seems to me that what God really hates is those that work iniquity and claim Lord Lord but HE says depart I never knew you.

The whole counsel of God includes repentance from your sins and turning to merciful God who while we were yet sinners died for us. The workers of iniquity forget this. Paul said if I have not Charity I am nothing. In 1 John it says that he that loveth not knoweth not God. I am also thinking of the verse that has something to do with hating the brethern but I can't remember what it says exactly.

On Wednesday nights the preacher is teaching on False teachers and one thing we must remember when looking for a pastor is by their fruit we shall know them.

If by chance your family is reading these post remember Jesus came not to condemn but to save! :thumbs:

2. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread from 2007 is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.