1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor's advice on Calvinism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 29, 2014.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

If you continue in that church, you are just going to have to keep your views to yourself. I don't think you will be happy like that, you should go to that Reformed church.

And here is something I made just for you, hope you like it.

[​IMG]

I love the look that guy is giving you.

I think it is great you preach on the street, takes LOTS of courage, keep up the good work!

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are some piece of work. I welcome diversity. Your Calvinism isn't my issue. Your decisive attitude and methods are the problem. If you can't cool it, you're out

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    al

My Pastor has 2 Doctorates, one in NT Theology/John, and Church leadership, and is an Evangelical non call , and yet we have Elders who are cal/arm/non, and many in the church fall into each group...

Key is to realise that this is NOT a dividing issue, and leadership needs to make sure all views are respected, and that we can learn and mature each other with those different views!

As NO church will have perfect doctrine/theology, for we ALL waiting for that time when we have perfect knowledge, when Jesus comes back!

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The pastor agrees that others needs to respect my views as well.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That was 4 years ago when I was overweight. I am a much better open air preacher these days.

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am not poking fun at you per se, although I love the look that guy is giving you, and that is funny, but I sincerely think it is great you preach on the street. Your hair is very nice!

Now, that said, we've got to work on your message, that Reformed stuff is not scriptural.

If you really told folks the Reformed view, you would have to tell folks that Jesus MIGHT love you, and that Jesus MIGHT want to save you, and that Jesus MIGHT have died for you, but there is a far higher probability that Jesus hates you, and never chose you, and is going to pass you by and let you burn in hell.

Is that "Good News" John??

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

You have lost weight, and you have improved at preaching, people are beginning to stop and listen.

[​IMG]

You must be eating different food now.

#48 Winman, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  9. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand there is little nutritional value in crow. :flower:

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

That's completely possible.

[​IMG]

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally agree...well said:thumbs:

but EVAN be of good cheer about your faith

In Matthew

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

#51 Earth Wind and Fire, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Long and short of it, is, as have been said, you're rabblerousing for something that's got no bearing at all to the eternal destiny of ANY soul, man.
    Leave them be.

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. Just, wow.

I have Evangelist on ignore; but I've been seeing snippets of what he's saying thanks to those quoting him. So let me say it again: Wow.

Can any of you point to any of the dozens of threads that this guy has started, and actually say he listened to any advice anyone has given him -- unless it agreed with his viewpoint?

The people posting in this thread are pretty much 100% in agreement about what he should do now (note that: all the calvinists and all the arminians and all the others are in 100% agreement! This will probably NEVER happen again!); yet what has his continual response been? He can't leave; he learned his lesson so he won't make the same mistake again; he won't use the word "reformed" but he'll continue teaching reformed theology. Note especially that he said he knows better than his pastor.

Evangelist is a street preacher who has never discipled any of the people he's led to the Lord. A pastor is a man who has taken on a calling to be the under-shepherd of the flock 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Evangelist probably hasn't even been in half the congregation's houses; not only has the pastor been in their houses, but he's visited them in the hospital, comforted them during trials and tribulations, and preached at their funerals. But Evangelist knows better than the pastor.

ShagNappy and go2church nailed it: doesn't matter one's physical age when you're talking about maturity. And Evangelist's lack of maturity points to a mental incapacity that can only be explained by mental illness, a condition similar to Sheldon Cooper on "Big Bang Theory," or a troll crafting messages to see what responses they receive.

If Evangelist is on the up-and-up, he will never abide by your advice unless it agrees with what he wants to do. I advise you all: Exercise some spiritual discernment about this guy, and shake the dust off and move on.

I know it sounds harsh; but that's why I have him on ignore.

Okay, back to avoiding his threads.

14. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Evan we probably agree theologically but. I'm in a SBC church that has a mix of views but mostly Arminian. I teach class and even teach on Wednesday nights to the entire congregation. I don't hold back my theology because as you say it is scriptural no matter what others say in here. However I never use the words Calvin or Reformed. Why do you? I just say, "God's word says" and go from there. If you disagree with something in SS class because it is unscriptural then it should be fairly easy to correct by using scripture. :thumbs:

15. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

Pretty much nailed. It is painfully obvious that he is mentally ill. Its just sad watching this unfold. He's sharing all of this so when he is asked to leave the church he can be a martyr and head down the road to the other church. Lord have mercy on your wife.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't need to go there. If you really had pity on him you wouldn't give him that kind of slam.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Coooooorect :thumbsup:

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I usually will fget to those "problem passages", and state that this is how the main views have been over the years, use the scriptures references, and state this is what I think it means and why!

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Translation = I hold to immutable truth and cannot be wrong.

I sense a great deal of pride in your posts. Pride comes before a fall...keep you feet firmly planted! While I don't agree with your pastor's censorship as I think Scripture should be approached from the historical differing views throughout time, as long as you are in that church (don't buy the "forced" part), you are to respect his wishes...or leave.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and you whine about anything non cal about as much as anyone on this board.