1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors and voting

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Oct 11, 2004.

1. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I Am Blessed 16...thank you for saying that!!! [​IMG]

Sounds like some people always have to have the last smart aleck comment to make themselves look smart!!!

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I Am Blessed 16...thank you for saying that!!! [​IMG]

Sounds like some people always have to have the last smart aleck comment to make themselves look smart!!!

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Shouldnt a person's religious beliefs determine his political philosophy? Or does his political philosophy determine his religion?

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No. But, I'd think that a pastor would refrain from such things, as he knows that he may be unduly influencing someone else who sees his vehicle.

I'm flatly against bumber stickers myself. I never have them on my car. Not, religious, not political, not advertising. I don't even like the "Joe Blow Honda" license plate frames, since I'm not getting paid to advertize the car dealership. If someone wants to know how I'm voting, they can ask me. If someone wants to know where I got my car, then can ask me. If someone doesn't know I'm a Christian, I need to work on my actions better. I've always felt that I must be doing a pretty lousy job of witnessing if I resort to needing a "Jesus is Lord" bumper sticker on my car.

5. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I agree with John, it is not the place of the pastor to influence people as to who they should vote for.

Secondly, I agree about bumper stickers on a car. Most of the time they are overdone and make the vehicle look trashy.

Bro Tony

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I purchased a bumper sticker for my car but I never put it on. It said:

John Kerry for President.............of France

7. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

This is a discussion board, isn't it? Opinions are fine, but shouldn't they be based on truth? I'm usually just trying to get you to back up your opinion with reason and evidence. Don't get mad at me for that.

8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. But, I'd think that a pastor would refrain from such things, as he knows that he may be unduly influencing someone else who sees his vehicle. </font>[/QUOTE]That sounds familiar. Oh yeah, it was the supreme court that said posting the ten commandments in schools was unconstitutional because someone might read them and then mediate on them and then be compelled to obey them - we can't have that now can we?

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

PA Jim:

I put three :rolleyes:

Not three :mad:

Therefore, I am not mad at you! :D

[​IMG] §ue

10. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Im purchased a bumper sticker too which I haven't put on. It says:

GOD IS NOT A REPUBLICAN

11. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

Well, I for one appreciate Pennsylvania Jim's openness and I also believe wholeheartedly that rallying voters for a particular candidate should not be done at church, at all. By the pastor or teachers. Here's why. For the last 2 Sundays, our SS teacher made derogatory remarks about America's future if people voted for Kerry. For the first time since I joined this church, I was glad and reliefed that my unsaved husband was not there to hear it. It would have been enough to make him not want to ever return. He is a union man to the core and believes the democrats are for the working man and can't understand a "moral" position when a man and his family's livelyhood could be at stake (wages, pensions, etc). As for me, I don't like either choice. They both lie to get what they want and I haven't seen the behavior of a born again christian in Bush. His words don't impress me. I wouldn't want him to teach my sunday school lessons. Kerry is not a baby-killer. The embryos come from fertility clinics and they've been destroying them for many years. Why hasn't someone objected to that. Bush and Cheney both are tolerant (accepting) of Gays. I'll be so glad when this election is over. I've prayed and prayed about this and nothing seems clear to me yet. why is that?

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Would you have the President stone the Gays?

Being tolerant of a person is not the same thing as condoning their sin.

I imagine the President is also tolerant of gluttons, liars, and thieves. Why single out one sin?

We are to love all people while not loving their sin. Compassion is the only way to reach a sinner - no matter what their sin - not harsh condemnation.

13. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

To Blessed: Then I guess that makes him a lot like Kerry, doesn't it? Kerry also believes in the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman. He said so in one of his debates. Please don't try to make me out to be a gay person hater. I am not.