1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors Making a Difference!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by DeanPastor, Oct 23, 2003.

1. DeanPastor

DeanPastor New Member

Hello all...I am new here and want to jump right in so here it goes

WHo do you believe to be one of today's Pastors that is making a major difference in the Kingdom. How about a Small church catagory and a large church catagory...or local and national. I will begin with a follow up post

2. DeanPastor

DeanPastor New Member

Large Church - Johnny Hunt at FBC Woodstock. Don't know just how big of a difference this guys ministry is making it is so large. Not just a big church but a big passion. Church has grown from 250 to 6000 in about 16 years. Nation wide conference ministry...and a genuine dude. Pours his life into mentoring other preachers. Dont know if anyone today preaches with the pathos and zeal of a Johnny Hunt

Small Church - My Pastor Clifton Jones...through the years of his ministry pastoring church's around 100 in atendance he has mentored 17 men who have surrendered to preach under his ministry. I love my Pastor!

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Dean---large church catagory--my heroes are Adrian Rogers, Jerry Vines, James Merritt--among a host of others. These preacher's hearts throb for the Lord Jesus Christ and for the Southern Baptist Convention.

Small Church catagory--buddies of mine--Brother Webb Armstrong, Brother David Paterson, Brother Clark Stewart! Good guys!

Blackbird

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi Bro. Maddox, FBC Dean, Texas?? Welcome to BB.com! Bro. David (Blackbird) is an SBC preacher too. I agree with both of your lists!

First, what IS a small church? Around here that's 35 members or so! I really don't know of any pastors of small churches that are doing a lot. A local church has a part time pastor but they have no visitation, no AWANA type programs and no community outreach. Just preaching to the folk who come every week.

Diane (Very Active Member)
    First Baptist Church
    Villa Rica, Georgia

5. DeanPastor

DeanPastor New Member

Blackbird...the three you mentioned could very easily be mentioned. Dr. Rogers is a mentor to Bro. Hunt. And Dr. Vines has no doubt with Dr. Lindsay influenced millions through their Pastor's Scool. I appreciate Dr. Merritt who is by the way Post Trib...which is not a huge deal for me but may suprise someone. Dr. Paige Patterso says that Dr. Merritt will be the head preacher during the Tribulation since he s planning on being here [​IMG]

6. DeanPastor

DeanPastor New Member

Thanks Diane...i am glad to be here! DOn't give up on small church's though...just pray for the ones that want to stay that way! [​IMG]

Small church...150 or less in Sunday School

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Dean--about ole Merritt---and the Posttrib---Patterson has been known to always, always, always, double check his answers---I'm sure that he's sure--that Merritt has a right to be wrong every now and then!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brother David :cool: [​IMG]