1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors posting on the BB

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I don't have a bone to pick with Webdog, so that is not the way I took it.

I think he was asking about those who "appear" to be here excessively in relation to what he knows of his own Pastor's work schedule. It's a valid question that I imagine would step on some toes who may very well be neglecting more important matters. Like I told him, I like to make sure everyone's toes get the appropriate treatment though....including mine. ;)

And if its worth anything, I'll admit whatever you want to get those cheesy grits! :)

#41 Skandelon, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I have some steaming hot Detroit White castles for you! ( that a burger)

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You don't think a pastor should be held to a higher standard than other Christians? Quite telling.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wasn't implying any such thing.

Why should it be a mystery that pastors are to be held to a higher standard?

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think it's apparent that some here have taken the question quite personal. Wonder why.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is there not to understand? Is it a normal practice of the pastorate to be involved quite extensively on web bulletin boards fighting over theology? Is that part of the calling? Did Paul envision this in his letter to Timothy?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No offense taken.

Our church is an elder led church. We do have a considerable amount of volunteers (including myself and my wife). I guess the fact remains there are responsibilities that are given to an elder, and responsibilities given to the flock. The elders felt it best to bring in another pastor to assist the Sr. pastor.

Yes to everything but golf :)
    No, but he does post occasionally on facebook. What he doesn't do is visit boards such as these and fight over theology...and he is a calvinist.

Agreed.

#47 webdog, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

That isn't fair at all!'

Tempting me with "cheesy grits!" I might be tempted to PM Webdog and offer him a bribe, just to take you up on your offer! :laugh:

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

How dare a pastor, in study, have time to interject thought throughout the day on the BB, and sharpen his apologetic skill against error regularly?

Glad to know that we have pastor error corrector on here regularly to keep us all straight.

10. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

God forbid preachers actually do what they're instructed to do Biblically. :eek:

Or would you rather have your ears scratched?

Have any real substance to show this isn't happening, or is happening? Or just another drive-by?

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Nice spin! Are you in politics or a national news talking head?

Pastors, like all other believers, are sinners saved by grace. That congregants hold them to a standard that they (the congregants) may refuse to follow themselves is telling. According to the Scriptures, we're all "ministers of the gospel, save that some are gifted with the ability to preach, teach, or evangelize. Can't find the biblical ordinance for gossip, however... :wavey:

12. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I actually looked up a sermon from your pastor and offered it to you as an un-cited quote a while back in the thread. You were offended and failed to respond. I had quite a chuckle over that one. Wonder if he knows your personal theology?

13. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

You mean that Jesus and the Apostles would not have a big following on twitter today?

Paul have his face Book to try to convert the pagens?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't recall saying I agree with everything he preaches (he is a calvinist, remember?)

You don't think he knows my theology? Mighty presumptious.

...and I don't recall your "un-cited quote". Do you read minds? If I didn't respond you wouldn't have known if I was offended. Could have even been on ignore. :)

Seeing that you appear to be a stalker maybe it's time to go back on ignore ....and you have much more time on your hands than I thought.

15. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbsup: I can and do agree with what you say. I do think by using our real names or not hiding our info would make us more accountable for what we say and how we say it. (not 100% ----- I am proof of that but it would make us think twice---- that, I can vouch for)

16. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

What you call "fighting over theology," others call "sharpening apologetic skills." ( :laugh: )

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess if those "skills" include personal attacks, abrasiveness and questionable debate tactics :)

18. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Nah... no big deal. You and I were in "one of those debates" and I thought that it might be fun to cite something your pastor said in a sermon (that also fit the point I was trying to make at the time concerning God's sovereignty) and you (as I recall) got rather testy about the citation. If I wanted to make a big deal out of it, I would have then. Only sharing it now because you've (finally) come out and made evident that you and your pastor are likely worlds apart in theological doctrines.

As for finding your pastor, that was rather easy. Just follow the links in your profile. Most of us have them... Took like 3 clicks... And, don't even begin to insinuate that you are not doing likewise. As I recall, YOU started this thread by admitting that you are tracking the pastors on this board and making comment (gossip) concerning their activity on-line. :smilewinkgrin:

19. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Amen!

Perhaps we should make it a forum rule that everyone's real name and church affiliation is posted as a part of their signature! Some of us do that willingly. Others? Well, let's just say that some of the vocal ones REALLY hide their info, including some of the moderators and administrators.

20. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.