1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pat Robertson/Rudy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Nov 7, 2007.

1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Really? It was in all the papers.

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Do you think God is punishing or will punish the United States for the sin of abortion and our tolerance of homosexuality? If so how will he do it. Or how has he already done it?

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

IMO, this is nothing more than a burning desire to remain relevant. Pat most likely has a perception that he is part of the Establishment, and is not ready to relinquish that.

Regards,
    BiR

4. Baptist in Richmond

These are the two issues used by the GOP to rally the Christians: abortion and homosexuality. How can one sin be greater than another?
    The problems in America reach much much farther than simply these two issues.

Regards,
    BiR

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

He has not yet, but we well deserve it. When our country looks like Sudan, we will know God has punished us.

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ".......he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin". (John 19:11)

From a secular point you would have an argument I suppose, with other seculars anyways. But from a biblical perspective what issue is of equal or greater concern than the murder of innocent babies in the womb? Present scripture for your answers please.

God Bless! :thumbs:

7. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It's already started.

Also, any nation that forgets God will be punished. America is due for more terrorist attacks and so on.

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I am much inclined to to believe that as well.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I do not. I think that God stopped punishing nations as nations after 70 A.D.

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Can you explain that one? With Scripture perhaps?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dealing with nations as nations was part of the Old Testament where God also had a specific nation that God was working with, Israel, to bring about Christ Jesus' death on the cross to redeem all mankind.

Now that God is no longer working with a specific nation, the nation of Israel having fulfilled it purpose for existence, I see no warrant for saying that God is punishing specific nations as He did in the Old Testament. Since the canon was closed in the 1st century A.D. we certainly have no more prophecies being given about specific nations to base the idea that God punishes nations as nations today.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The buzz I am hearing in the news media is that Pat is receiving heavy critizism for his support of Rudy, both from within his home base and without.

Do you think he will repent? Or will he go down with the postion?

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, once a globalist shill always a globalist shill.

14. Baptist in Richmond

Okay, so which one is greater?

Are you one of the two-issue voters?

I would say that America faces much bigger problems than simply abortion and gay marriage. Currently the US currency is in a free fall. We are in a quagmire in Iraq that is bleeding our federal budget. We are borrowing from future generations for a war that has no end in sight.

As for a Scriptural passage for my answer, I don't have one, much like you don't have one for either abortion or gay marriage.

It's never stopped him before this latest foot-in-mouth episode.

Likewise.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you mean abortion verses homosexuallity? If so I would believe murder is a greater sin than homosexuallity according to God's Word. In Proverbs God declares seven specific sins that He hates......among them would be the definition of abortion...

Pro 6:16¶These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Even among the heathens you will find a code of laws that punishes murder more severly than say stealing a loaf of bread. It is God given common sense that tells us there are greater sins and lesser sins, but better proof still is what Jesus Himself taught when He declared there to be greater sins.

I consider all issues, but those issues that go directly against Christ I must give the greater importance to.

We must trust in our Lord concerning where He has placed us throughout the world as part of HIS plan for Israel's restoration. We have a part in voting what we feel the Lord wants done in this area, but as you say there is no biblical definitive on the subject.

However there is a clear biblical definitive on abortion, so murder would have to trump our pocket books. I find it sad that you believe the federal budget problem is much bigger than the slaughter of an innocent baby.

You have never found scripture concerning abortion or homosexuallity?

Abortion is murder. I'm sure you don't need me to post scripture dealing with murder. Gay marriage is declaring homosexuallity "ok". I'm sure you know the scripture concerning men with men and women with women.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    CHRISTIANS!

Repent of thy sin.

Pilate, in his earthly wisdom, tried to wash his hands of the shedding of innocent blood yet God's Word declares his sin.

Many Christians will try to justify in their fleshly minds their vote for pro-murder candidates. But we are called to have the mind of Christ, to be ambassadors for Christ.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Are you a Pontius Pilate?

Repent and God will forgive you and heal you and wash clean the blood from your hands.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion is one political issue out of a multitude. I refuse to be a one issue voter.

18. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I agree. Christians can't vote for anyone that is pro-choice and so on. :thumbs:

19. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can Christians vote for warmongers?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Christians can. How do you plan on stopping a fellow Christian from doing so? You can't.