1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pat Robertson's Church Affiliation

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Mitsy, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

I am NOT a fan of Pat Robertson, however, I have watched him a few times on TV (out of curiosity). I read on some web sites that he was Baptist, then on another site, it said he was Pentecostal. Which is it? I know there is a Baptist group that is ALSO Pentecostal, but I didn't get the impression that he was in that group. Does anyone know? What church does he claim membership in? Thanks.

2. KPBAP

KPBAP Member

Currently, I don't know. But in years past, he was a member of a Baptist church.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Back when I was a new christian and watched him all the time he was SBC, you couldn't tell it by his teachings though that he was even a baptist.

4. KPBAP

KPBAP Member

PAT ROBERTSON. Born Marion Gordon Robertson in Lexington, Virginia, U.S., 22 March 1930. B.A., Washington and Lee University, 1950; J.D., Yale University, 1955; MDiv, New York Theological Seminary, 1959; ThD. (honorary), Oral Roberts University, 1983. Married: Adelia Elmer; children: Timothy, Elizabeth, Gordon and Ann. Founder, president of Christian Broadcasting Network, Virginia Beach, Virginia from 1960; ordained minister, Southern Baptist Convention, 1961-86; author of numerous books from 1972;

5. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Although my recollection of his past affiliation was Baptist, I'm like the one poster that he doesn't seem much like the average Baptist preacher or evangelist..oh excuse me..he doesn't like the word evangelist or "televangelist". :eek: