1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patch

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by TheOliveBranch, Sep 11, 2003.

1. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

My children started "Patch Club" last week. I was first introduced to Patch the Pirate about 14 years ago. I have heard some mixed things about Patch the Pirate, but I also know of his association with Frank Garlock.

I'd like some input.

2. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

[​IMG] I LOVED Patch the Pirate. I was a little young at the time to tell you how good his theology is, so all I can say is I thought he was the man. I can still remember the "Work work work" song from the Indian tale when Patch found his long lost brother. Great stuff.

3. blessedhopeboy

blessedhopeboy New Member

To me, Patch has always been a symbol of conservative music. When I was young, I was in a Patch the Pirate club. I even met him one time, and got an autographed picture of him.

As far as his theology, I haven't heard anything in his songs that would discredit him. Now, I am not claiming to have heard everything out there that he has written; nor am I claiming to be an expert on theology. But as for me, Patch is OK.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Hamilton, aka Patch the Pirate, is married to Shelly Garlock. Frank Garlock is head of Bob Jones music.

Conservative contemporary music. Lot of the "same sound" though in the songs. But high quality.

http://www.majestymusic.com/