1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patriots Undefeated?? Who are the doubters now

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I am not confident that they will make it through the post season undefeated, but my early prediction of them making it through the regular season is looking pretty good.

All Belicheat and his boys have to do at this point is the Jets and the NY Football giants. They could still have a hicup - but I dont think they will. Belicheat has had a chip on his shoulder ever since he got caught cheating, and I think he will play his starters until the last game is won - good news for moss and brady owners if they, unlike me, are still in the fantasy playoffs!

What amazes me about the Pats season, is they have done it all basically by pass, their running game has been non existent. Thier D has been good, but not dominant. I would love to see a rematch of Pats and Cowboys in the superbowl (although if the Dallas D keeps playing like they did against detroit, they wont be there.)

As I continue my rambling post - ROMO is GREATNESS. What a comeback he engineered against Detroit. TD drive in the last 2 min of the first half to keep Dallas in the game, and THREE drives in the fourth quarter, one ended in a fumble at the half yard line. I thought it was over, but he gets the ball 75 yards away with 2 min and no timouts left and gets them in for the TD. Detroit took away his best player, TO, so he uses whitten and barber - the hardest running rb in the NFL

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Please don't tell me you're a fan of Chris Berman. There's not much in the world of sports that annoys me more than hearing Berman call them the New York Football Giants.

I remain a doubter about the Patriots finishing the regular season undefeated, though it's looking more and more likely since they have but one team left on the schedule that can beat them. Personally, I like where the Colts sit right now. While New England has the record-breaking offense, iffy defense and no running game, the Colts have a great running game, a physical defense and they're sitting out of the spotlight, getting everybody healthy, and biding their time until the AFC Championship Game at Foxboro.

Cowboys fans should start making their Super Bowl arrangements now. Nobody in the NFC is going to beat Dallas this year.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

CC

Me a Berman fan, not so much - actually that was a bit of mocking of berman.

Speaking of the giants - they look like they are for real, the two teams I fear the most as a cowboy fan are green bay and the giants. both are balanced and can run the ball. the more that I think about it, minn scares me as well - number one rush offense and number one rush defense, those are the kind of stats that win playoff games.

eli is a bit of a head case, and I think the cowboys are in his, which lowers my esteem of the giants, but if eli gets hot he has some great receivers, and jacobs can run the ball when healthy

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Excellent. I can always get on-board the mocking of Berman. :thumbs:

Minnesota had the best rush defense last year and it got them nowhere. If the Vikes were to win a playoff game, it will have as much to do with Tarvaris Jackson as it does anybody else. Any playoff team is going to put 8 in the box and make Jackson beat them.

No team in the NFC is as balanced as the Cowboys are.

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

The only thing not in doubt right now, is that whatever the Patriots accomplish, they will not do it with any amount of class whatsoever.

#5 Andy T., Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Are you referring to Belichick and the video camera stuff? Or, are you referring to something else?

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think the Patriots could actucally go undefeated this year.

However, I think that last week of the regular season may sneak up and bite them.

8. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

That is part of it, but it is much more than that. They are classless in general. They are not likeable. They are poor winners. Brady running his mouth and cussing out opponents. He's a loser in life. Compare them to the Colts. Do you ever hear the Colts accused of being classless? No, because they have class leadership at the top (Dungy). The Pats don't (Belicheck). It's all subjective, I know, but I think there are many out there who agree with me. Just answer this and you'll have your answer - which team exudes more class - the Colts or the Pats?

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't agree with that. Washtington may still have a playoff shot if they beat Dallas in Washington on the last day of the season, while Dallas should have home field all wrapped up and won't give it a full effort-- and if they don't have home field wrapped, it will be because the have lost to Philadelphia or Carolina (or both). OTOH I predicted Dallas would lose to Detroit, but they doublecrossed me and found a way to win, and/or Detroit flubbed their chance to cinch it.

10. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope the Pats go undefeated and win the Super Bowl for one reason: I am sick of the Dolphins and their champagne toast when the last undefeated team gets beat. It would be especially fitting for the Pats to go perfect when the present day day dolphins go winless.

I have hated the Dolphins ever since they beat my Redskins to complete their perfect season.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

That statement is referring to Dallas going to the Super Bowl, not a week 16 game against Washington.

Once the Liedowns, always the Liedowns. It's sad that my team is worse than the Liedowns. :tear:

Yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't mind seeing the smugness of Shula and Co. go away. I'm just not sure I want the Patriots to be the ones to go undefeated.

Obvious answer.

I see 1 of 3 scenarios happening in the playoffs.

#1 - New England goes 19-0. With the perfect season, the '72 Dolphins' air of smug superiority goes away forever. This is not a bad thing. However, in their place, Patriots fans become smug and insufferable. This is a bad thing.

#2 - After losing 2 straight playoff games to New England, Peyton Manning endured a lot of crap from sportswriters and fans. How sweet would it be for him to end the Patriots perfect season by beating them at Foxboro in January? He would never say anything like that, but the great part is that he wouldn't have to. While the '72 Dolphins would somehow become more smug and insufferable than ever, I think it will balance out because the '07 Dolphins will have completed a 2nd perfect season and finished 0-16.

#3 - Dallas wins the Super Bowl. I can't think of anything clever here. (Please, no wise guy comments about how I haven't thought of anything clever anyway.)

I think I like scenario #2 the best.

psst... (I only put scenario #3 in for Dallas fans. No good can come from Dallas winning the Super Bowl.)

12. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

If the Colts are healthy and the weather isn't horrible, then #2 is the most likely scenario. And I would like that best, too. I no longer think the Giants game will be a challenge for the Pats, because the Giants will probably be locked into the #5 seed by that time and will rest some of their players.

13. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I prefer option 3 - could live with option 2 - having worked for many years with a bunch of folks from the northeast,cant imagine anything worse than the pats going undefeated through the playoffs

14. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would love to see option 2 take place.

Since the Bears and the Chiefs are doing absolutely nothing this year, I am pulling for the Colts to win another Superbowl!

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Patriots Undefeated?? Who are the doubters

If they pull this off, maybe they will pray, "Forgive us our doubts as we forgive our doubters."