1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul And Newt

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Rippon, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been a supporter of Cain,but with the things swirling about --I think it may boil-down to these two. If Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination he might just go the 3rd Party route as has been rumored lately.That will leave Newt as the winner of the Republican Primary as I see it with way less than 20-20 vision at this early date.

What do you think? I have made political miscalculations before. For instance I thought for sure Fred Thompson would have it in the bag for 2008.

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I think Cain is done, and sadly he should be done at this point as the weight of evidence points to major indescretions. If Cain won the nomination, I could not and would not vote for him based on these issues. I would not vote for Obama, but I could not vote for Cain.

I am supporting Paul. He has said, like he said 4 years ago, that he will not run as a 3rd party.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

At this point I do not think that Paul or Newt will make a showing. Although Newt is the most qualified he is his own worst enemy. Paul has some good ideas but he also has some VERY bad ideas and most likely could not get anything done if elected being a lame duck from the start. I think the people know that. As for Cain I never saw him as a real runner because of his 999 plan which would raise taxes not fix them.

That leaves Romney, Perry, Santorum and Bachmann. Bachmann is probably dead in the water unless something unexpected happens soon. Santorum still has a chance to rise up if he sticks to the issues and stops touting family values. While I agree with him on them most people what to hear how he would lead. Perry is a loser, but he still has a chance with the changing environment of the political field. One thing that is in Perry's favor is Romney. While he is way ahead in the poles the people are just not sold on him. If Perry changes his tactics he could overcome Romney, not that I would like to see that.

Personally they all have problems, but right now I am looking at Santorum because of his policies, but he needs to learn to speak to the issues.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're doing it again. Mittens Romney will be the Republican nominee. The Republicans will settle for him because they will deem him to be the most electable.

There is not a popsicle's chance in you know where that Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich will get the nomination.