1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Washer The Gospel Call and True Conversion

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 14, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just was reading The Gospel Call & True Conversion by Paul Washer. He gets deep in the word and explains what the gospel is. Read the preface. So many so called evangelism events these days do not preach the full gospel but only a part of it. The gospel is all about the depravity of man, the blood atonement, the nature of true conversion, biblical assurance, and personal holiness. When I read from the pen of Washer he sounds very much like the old Reformers and Puritans.

So many these days limit the gospel to a "sinners prayer" and place the emphasis of salvation on the free will of man. I used to think this way by listening to Norm Geisler but I was wrong. There is a General Call to salvation and that is to everyone, but only the elect will respond and that is called the Special Call. Its just so sad how so many pulpits and churches think that service and helps ministries are "the gospel" but they are not. They may be a component of evangelism but they are not evangelism without the gospel.

Excellent book! Anyone have any objections to it?

#1 evangelist6589, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013