1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paula White

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Aug 30, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Not according to scripture.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

2. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I'm a little late coming to the party, but....

Not, definitely not an off night. Someone (anonymously) sent me a 3 CD series she did on the masks Christians wear. Regrettably, I listened to the entire series. Besides wasting about 3 1/2 hours of valuable time I'll never get back, I had a splitting headache by the time I finished. She went off in so many different directions, many times before finishing one thought, it was very hard to follow.

At the end, I still wasn't sure exactly what point(s) / truths she was trying to get across. Needless to say, it made a speedy trip to the dumpster. Won't ever be listening to her again; whether it's tv, radio or internet.

#62 HeDied4U, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
  3. Jeremiah2911

Jeremiah2911 Member
    Site Supporter

1 Timothy 3:1-3 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
    Reading through this thread, I see a lot of different viewpoints which is typical. The Scripture mentions Prophetesses [don't know if I spelled that right] which would include women teachers, speakers--to other women, children etc. But the title of Pastor is a different subject. According to the above Scripture a bishop [pastor] is to be the husband of one wife--I find it remarkably hard for Paula White and Joyce Meyer [who call themselves pastors] to be the husbands of one wife! :smilewinkgrin:
    To have a woman as the head of the Church goes against Scripture beginning in Genesis when God reprimanded Adam and Eve
    Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
    For a woman to even desire to stand in a pastors position is rebellion against the Word of God--which explains why there have always been women [and men allowing it] trying to do so--rebellion against the Word of God, and we all know who was the first to rebel against the Word? [He is still in business]

4. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi Jeremiah2911 and welcome.

Nice first post and cute puppy.

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nah. I saw get the popcorn and a soft drink, sit back and get a good belly laugh.

But then again, there is nothing funny about people preaching garbage that will send others to hell.

6. Jeremiah2911

Jeremiah2911 Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you and I'm Still learning too! God bless

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apology to Paul White!

Since I wrote my comment on Paula White, I have come across information that indicates that she did in fact withdraw from the ministry during her time of going "Prodigal!"

She has since been subjected to strict scrutiny by Bishop Jakes, and has moved slowly back into the realm of the ministry.

The rumor of her affair with Hinn is still not proven, and those close to her have publicly stated that this alleged affair NEVER took place!

Therefore, I must rescind any comments I made earlier on this OP and apologize for casting judgment her way. I was badly misinformed and repent for being caught up in the rumor mill!

As for her standing with man, or God, I must leave that up to her and her personal relationship with God. I feel bad for making comments that were based upon half-founded truths.

I personally know what White has been going through, because I also took a similar path, leading to destruction after my first marriage ended by no fault or desire of my own. There were unqualified accusations cast in my direction, and at the time, and later in life, the reality of those accusations not only hurt then, but, still hurt.

Like White, only I could know when and where I got my heart, and life straightened out with and for the Lord. And I had no right being like those who judged me unfairly, while I struggled with my turn down the wrong path in life.

As for Jakes, and his own credibility, I can neither endorse nor condemn him. However, as a man of God, if he is willing to stand behind White, that is good enough for me!

In humility, I have learned a lesson that I plan to carry with me from this day forward! :wavey:

Pastor Paul :type:

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that her biggest problem is still the fact that she teaches pretty much the heretical/cultic teachings and doctrines of groups like WoF and prosperity Gospel!

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Are So Correct!

She is one of the many, many TBN folks that practice WOF principles. I have seen too many good believers ruined by these teachers!