1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul's Mystery?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by InChrist, Jan 19, 2009.

1. InChrist

InChrist New Member

What is this mystery that Paul speaks about, which had been hidden from all other ages? Is it important for us to understand? Why was this mystery revealed to Paul by the resurrected Christ Jesus and not taught while He was on earth to the other Apostles? Does it have any relation to the Old Testament and the nation of Israel? What bearing does it have on the Church?

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

What do all Christians have that the Jews did not? that is completely unknown to non-Christians? I submit it is the Holy Spirit.

3. InChrist

InChrist New Member

I believe that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is unique to us, yes, but I don't believe it is the mystery given to Paul to reveal.

Prophets spoke of the Holy Spirit being poured on all flesh, Jesus Christ taught of the Comforter who would come during His earthly ministry, and Peter and the other Apostles experienced the indwelling of the Holy Spirit prior to Paul's conversion.

The Bible says that this mystery was NOT made known in other ages, and that Jesus Christ revealed it to Paul alone.

4. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Paul refers to many mysteries. A mystery is something which had not revealed in the Old Testament but is now revealed in the New Testament. It is a fact that has to be revealed by God. Example: 1 Cor. 15:51
    Paul states numerous Mysteries in his Epistles.:thumbs:

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think the two main "mysteries" are Jesus Christ being revealed in the NT but only foretold in the OT, and the church being Jews and Gentiles together.

These are not mystical things but merely revelations God did not fully reveal in the OT but did reveal with Jesus Christ.

6. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Take out the ol' concordance and look up mystery/mysteries. Compare scripture with scripture ( as Las Feldick likes to say ) That would be a good study to do.:jesus: