1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PC at PBS

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 10, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0410crossroads0410.html

Producer: PBS dropped 'Islam vs. Islamists' on political grounds

Dennis Wagner
    The Arizona Republic

Apr. 10, 2007 12:00 AM

EXCERPT

The producer of a tax-financed documentary on Islamic extremism claims his film has been dropped for political reasons from a television series that airs next week on more than 300 PBS stations nationwide.

Key portions of the documentary focus on Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser of Phoenix and his American Islamic Forum for Democracy, a non-profit organization of Muslim Americans who advocate patriotism, constitutional democracy and a separation of church and state.

Martyn Burke says that the Public Broadcasting Service and project managers at station WETA in Washington, D.C., excluded his documentary, Islam vs. Islamists, from the series America at a Crossroads after he refused to fire two co-producers affiliated with a conservative think tank.

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

All i can really say is: :BangHead:

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Conservatives working on a PBS project? Now I've seen it all!

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know how PBS can remain on the govt. payroll with its leftist agenda. If it's viable and valuable to the public, go commercial and see if it flies. Of course it will have to compete with the "big boys". I'm sick of knowing some of my tax dollars go to support this arm of the democrat party.

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Sesame Street is a billion dollar per year industry, yet they can't survive without extorting money from me and taking food from my kids' mouths.

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So, your poor kids are doing without food because of Sesame Street? :laugh:

You live in Alaska, go kill a moose or something and feed your kids! :laugh:

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Or use some of that oil payout and buy a turkey pot pie!

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I do those things any way.

However, what right does a $billion annual business have to extort money from my family?

I have no choice but to pay it. If I don't, they will come with guns, and if I try to defend myself, they will kill me and my family.

All so Big Bird can steal from my family.

Sort of like universal health care.

It's theft, plain and simple.

9. Terry_Herrington

Too bad! Get over it!

Universal health care is coming and is long overdue.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I am so tired of the "I'm ok, to heck with everybody else" attitude in this country. The current system means any one of us is one payday away from not only losing income, but losing healthcare. "I got mine, and I won't share". This is why we have taxes.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

It is certainly a false notion that only people who have health care do not want UHC.

12. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

You know, I've been looking and looking in my Bible, and I have yet to find, "Thou shalt not steal, unless you really want to."

13. Terry_Herrington

You should not be so dishonest when reading your bible.

Read Romans 13!

14. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Maybe I need to read your Bible to see what you are talking about.

All mine says in Romans 13 is to obey the higher powers.

The highest power in this land is the US Constitution, and the US Constitution does not authorize this theft that is used to transfer wealth from those who produce to those who are unwilling to produce.

Now, those who are unable to produce, I am willing to voluntarily give.

But, don't steal!

That's all any illegal taxation is.

If I go up to somone on the street with a gun and say, "Give me your money or else!", it doesn't matter if I'm going to go down and give it to some wino on the street.

But, when enough people get together to do in the name of Big Brother, then it's A-OK!

Theft, is theft, is theft, and I'm surprised that so many who claim the name of Christian are all for it.

15. Terry_Herrington

Nice rant.

The Legislature, as authorized by the Constitution, has decided on the current tax rates. Therefore, if you are unpleased by their choices, vote someone else into office. Until this happens, I am afraid you are required to pay whatever tax the government imposes.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So that gives you the right to covet and take other peoples money to use on whatever you deem to be important.:thumbs:

17. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, you're fine with the Patriot Act, then?

Simply because they said so?

Even though it seems to violate the very foundation of the law of our land?

So, as long as a majority votes to steal, it's OK?

How about the Roe v Wade decision?

18. Terry_Herrington

I don't particularly like many of the things our government does, but I don't think this justifies my not paying my taxes.

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Does it justify you to be oppoesed to illegal (unconstitutional) laws?

Does it justify you to stand idly by and support abortion mills simply because those in authority have said that it's good?

Was slavery a good thing the way it was run here when a majority thought it was fine?

How about Jim Crow laws?

I had a very liberal economics professor once who thought that we didn't spend nearly enough on social programs.

However, he also believed that about 75% of our spending is illegal (unconstitutional).

So, he held firm to the idea that the Constitution needs to be changed to authorize more spending, but until then, we should cut it back down to a legal level.

Simply ignoring the law (Constitution) simply erodes what little law and justice we have left in this nation.

Instead of saying, "We want it! Ignore the law!", do it legally.

Of course, most of these pet projects that only a handful of people want would never get passed, so these individuals are more than happy to ignore the Constitution to get their pet projects.

The founding fathers of our nation were wise by putting checks in place to make it difficult to change the Constitution so it would not be changed on a whim.

Sadly, a small majority of people today think it's A-OK to simply ignore the law.