1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PCC help

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Mexdeaf, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I appreciate your question.

The reason I say that is because they have been raised in a preacher's (now missionary's) home and many preacher's kids go into the ministry only because they are 'mamma-called and daddy-sent', i.e. they hear it from day one and then all of their lives at home, go into the ministry and then down in flames.

Also since my boys are MK's they hear me preach all the time (poor kids!) and attend our local church. I think it would do them a world of good to go and sit under some other Godly men and women so that IF God chooses to call them, it will not be due to parental expectations or pressure. I have never told my kids that I expect them to be in the ministry, but rather have chosen to ask God to direct them to that if it be His will.

That's my reasoning on the matter.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

No bad exposure. Liberty is in the mix also. Just presenting options.

Thanks for asking.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see your reasoning now.

4. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a list of the top ten fundamentalist stories for 2006, the following about PCC made the list at number 6. The list was compiled by Dan Burrell. [www.danburrell.com]

6. The Revolving Doors at Pensacola Christian College

"Many alumni and supporters of Pensacola Christian College (Pensacola, FL) were shocked at the surprise departure of long-time Campus Church Pastor Jim Schettler. Schettler’s abrupt resignation came on the heels of another high-profile departure, that of Vice President Matt Beemer, who many thought was being groomed to take the place of founder Arlin Horton. Schettler and Beemer’s exits are part of a stream of senior administrators who have been dismissed or have resigned in recent years, including Dr. Greg Mutsch (who was also thought to be in line for the presidency), Dr. Dell Johnson, and others. Pensacola has been at the center of much controversy since sending out a series of videos to thousands of pastors and supporters during the mid-1990’s, outlining a position on Bible translations that recognizes the King James Version as the only reliable translation of Scripture. Some have linked the emergence of the King James issue to an inter-institutional rivalry toward Horton alma mater Bob Jones University, and one of the videos and some of the leading spokespersons for the PCC position have made rather public and pointed criticisms of BJU’s position on Bible versions and preservation beliefs.
    Recently, Arlin Horton announced the appointment of Neal Jackson of Conyers, Georgia; and Lloyd Streeter of LaSalle, Illinois, to be co-pastors of the Campus Church. Streeter (who has also publicly criticized BJU) has written broadly on the topic of Bible texts and preservation, and his appointment is viewed as further entrenchment by the Hortons regarding their views on the King James Version."

5. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

As an Alumnist of the school and a long time supporter, I must clarify one thing. PCC is by no means Arminian. Other than that, the posts have all been accurate. PCC in the last 7 or 8 years has rapidly deteriorated. Every good Bible professor has left, leaving them with teaches who are graduates of the college and Seminary. These men have no practical experience. Of the men who recently came on board, 2 of them are Calvinists (some won't have a problem with this, but I do). I too can no longer recommend the college for any degrees, which saddens me because the education program is the best in the country, imho.

Now, they have a Senior Pastor (Dr. Horton) and two preaching pastors with no other responsibilities, but to preach (according to Dr. Horton's announcement and Dr Streeter's resignation). I feel sorry for those who are close to graduation and are stuck.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Moderator!

Since this thread has fulfilled it's purpose you may close it.

Thanks.

7. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Mbbc - Rotc

I am encouraged by your interest in helping your son find the right college. You did mention the possibility of a school that had military classes or something along that line.

I should state that I am a MBBC Grad. I am presently in the Army as an Independent, Baptist Chaplain. Just last year MBBC started an ROTC program for both Army and Air Force.

I am thrilled with the potential of our military having future leaders that put an emphasis on Spiritual things to include honor, respect and self service.

Not sure whether your son is interested in becoming an officer or a chaplain, but both can be pursued at Maranatha. There Grad school is approved by the military for Chaplaincy and there nouthetic counseling program is outstanding.

By the way, they didn't pay me for this promo!

I'm back from Iraq and appreciating my family, my God and my country so much.

I hope your son will check out Maranatha. It has a strong Bible and academic program and it has a smaller, family type atmosphere that I enjoyed so much!