1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peace Within

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tyndale1946, Jun 6, 2016.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every now and the a poster will give a reference to and article or a sermon of the past that has been published in written form... Something within the whole will catch my eye and will bring comfort and meaning to me and I feel it may also bring comfort and meaning to others... The brother who gave the reference was EWF and the writer is George Whitefield and the sermon this was taken from is The Method Of Grace... Comments are always appreciated and encouraged... Brother Glen

There are some of you perhaps can say, Through grace we can go along with you. Blessed be God, we have been convinced of our actual sins, we have been convinced of original sin, we have been convinced of self-righteousness, we have felt the bitterness of unbelief, and through grace we have closed with Jesus Christ; we can speak peace to our hearts, because God hath spoken peace to us. Can you say so? Then I will salute you, as the angels did the women the first day of the week, All hail! Fear not ye, my dear brethren, you are happy souls; you may lie down and be at peace indeed, for God hath given you peace; you may be content under all the dispensations of providence, for nothing can happen to you now, but what shall be the effect of God's love to your soul; you need not fear what sightings may be without, seeing there is peace within. Have you closed with Christ? Is God your friend? Is Christ your friend? Then, look up with comfort; all is yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. Everything shall work together for your good; the very hairs of your head are numbered; he that toucheth you, toucheth the apple of God's eye. But then, my dear friends, beware of resting on your first conversion.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/whitefield/sermons.lx.html

#1 tyndale1946, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you will read the entire sermon.....its a game changer.

God bless you all.

3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I read the OP's title, I readily thought of...

[​IMG]

This is from www.adam4d.com

4. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read the whole thing and I am happy it had such an impact on you... Various articles and sermons have touched me deeply... I'm now trying to read Grace Abounding To the Chief of Sinners by John Bunyan... Notice I said I am trying to read... This is pretty heavy as he talks about his struggles and it is not light reading... Check it out if you have a mind, heart and soul to... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been reading "The Sermon on the Mount" .... it is in book form, Martyn Lloyd Jones series of sermons the teachings of Christ.......I do a little each day. That's another game changer.

6. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just got done ordering two more today... If fact my preacher friend Elder Joe Holder has commented these are the two best books on the book of Revelation he's read as it addresses the impact it had on the early church and what it meant... A historical view!... Worthy Is The Lamb by Ray Summer's and Revelation a commentary by Leon Morris... These two should definitely be a game changer!... I will let you know later what I think of them and if they were worth the cost... Brother Glen

• Agree Agree x 1