1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl Harbor survivors meet for last time

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Dec 7, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pearl Harbor survivors meet for last time

By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer

EXCERPT

PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - With their number quickly dwindling, survivors of Pearl Harbor will gather Thursday one last time to honor those killed by the Japanese 65 years ago, and to mark a day that lives in infamy.

This will be their last visit to this watery grave to share stories, exchange smiles, find peace and salute their fallen friends. This, they say, will be their final farewell.

"This will be one to remember," said Mal Middlesworth, president of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association. "It's going to be something that we'll cherish forever."

The survivors have met here every five years for four decades, but they're now in their 80s or 90s and are not counting on a 70th reunion. They have made every effort to report for one final roll call.

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Real heroes...thank God for them.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm on my lunch break at school, and I have been giving Pearl Harbor history lessons in my high school math classes all day.

Thanks for something poignant and interesting to tell my afternoon classes.

God bless the remnant left......and their families.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Carpro

Thanks for posting this!

This too will be a day that will live in infamy.

I salute those men that became brave just because the sun rose and they did what brave men always do - they died to keep freedom alive.

God bless any and all that had family at Pearl that infamous day.

Wayne