1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelosi being Pelosi??

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Pastor Larry, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253604,00.html

Pelosi is complaining because Cheney expressed disagreement with the Dems's plans in Iraq. Her complaint is that the President said he would welcome disagreement.

Apparently Pelosi doesn't share the values of the President on this, since she doesn't welcome disagreement but instead whines to the President when someone voices an opinion different than hers.

It sounds like hypocrisy to me, saying that She wants to be able to voice her disagreement with the President but not allow the President or VP to voice their disagreement with her.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

:sleep:

Can you spin it any more to the Right?

In reading the article, you will see that she isn't calling him to complain about the VP disagreeing with her, she just don't think it's right to "wrongly questioned critics' patriotism and ignored Bush's call for openness on Iraq strategy."

She goes on to say this:

"You cannot say as the president of the United States, 'I welcome disagreement in a time of war,' and then have the vice president of the United States go out of the country and mischaracterize a position of the speaker of the House and in a manner that says that person in that position of authority is acting against the national security of our country,"

She also stated that Bush had asked for this feedback stating "Bush had previously urged her to call him when a member of his administration stepped over the line by questioning Democrats' patriotism."

So again, this is a big to do about nothing.. You guys on the Right really should get over the election of 2006 and move on....

Jamie

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, actually what it sounds like is two self serving, secular individuals from two different power hungry, corrupt political parties arguing with each other about who is the less evil.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I didn't spin it at all. I pointed out an inconsistency. I haven't seen the interview or read the transcript, but the article showed no place where Cheney questioned her patriotism. He made his case that the Democratic plan would threaten national security. That is not about patriotism, so far as I can see. If Cheney questioned her patriotism, then she is quite correct. I am interested to see where he did that. The article did not show any such comment.

If the President and Speaker are for open dialogue, then doesn't than include both sides? Why does "open dialogue" mean that only Pelosi's side gets to make their case?

(As for getting over the 2006 election, why would you think this has something to do with that? This has nothing to do with the election at all. It is probably a good thing that the Dems' won for several reasons, mostly that it will increase gridlock over spending perhaps, and turn the Republicans back towards conservatism. It will also highlight the Dems complete lack of answers to the problems they have spent ten years complaining about ... but none of that is at issue here. My comments were solely about what appears to be a gross inconsistency on teh part of Pelosi.)

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

delete post, those with the republican vs democrat mindset are hopeless

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I don't think hopeless is the right word. I think the two party system is the most workable. Unfortunately, they need to come back to what's in teh best interest of American rather than the best interest of the party. A three party system can end up with a president being elected with a minority of voters.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: Pelosi!

AMEN!!!!!!

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

That is a much better way of puting it!

Jamie

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Dont get me wrong. The two party system works best. We need two new parties, that have the interests of the American people as their agenda, regardless of how to achieve that. The problem is today we have two political parties that could care less about the American people, only their power base, which is 100% between the both of them.

10. Virginia ORB

Virginia ORB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s why I am independent, I vote for who I think is less corrupt.