1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelosi Denying...Murtha Threatening

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Larry, you need to get out more, or at least read the papers. If you had, you'd have learned that your "facts" were manufactured.

Or maybe you couild argue that the Dallas Morning News is lying, too. I'm a little puzzled though, as to what Bush lying to us about WMD had to do with this flap.

Maybe if you paid more attention to what was going on around you, you could focus better.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's $300,000 per trip .

If Pelosi would offer to reimburse the government for equivalent first class(or even coach) civilian air fare for her family and any unrequired staff members over a maximum of 11, her request would make more sense.

Otherwise, it appears to be unnecessary extravagance and priviledge.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gee I only get a 93 Nissan Sentra, I inherited back when our son joined the Navy. But we had paid it off years ago.:) :D

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

She didn't request a particular size. She didn't make the request at all - it was the guy in charge of those things that made the request.

She didn't request a particular size. She did want something, anything, that would fly non-stop. The Decider decided the Speaker, second in line to succession, should use a military aircraft. The military has a limited number at hand which can fly coast to coast non-stop.

This whole "controversy" has been manufactured.

Why?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have some swampland in Florida to sell. Interested?:laugh:

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2858225&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Pentagon Rejects Speaker Pelosi's Request for Military Aircraft

Citing Security Concerns, Speaker Wants Aircraft That Can Handle Nonstop Cross-Country Flight

EXCERPT

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has requested use of an aircraft that can fly nonstop from Washington, D.C., to California. The Pentagon has rejected her request, a source tells ABC News. (ABC News)

By JAKE TAPPER

Feb. 7, 2007 — A source close to the controversy over the request made by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for use of a military plane that can fly to and from her home district in San Francisco without having to stop to refuel, told ABC News that the Pentagon has rebuffed Pelosi's request.

The source said that Pentagon officials and the Bush administration have instead offered Pelosi use of the same plane made available to former Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill.: a C-20, which seats about 12 passengers and five crew members.

A C-20 can make the 700-mile flight to Hastert's Aurora, Ill., district easily but would generally have to stop to refuel to complete the 2,800-mile trip from Washington, D.C. to the San Francisco Bay Area, depending on the headwinds.

SNIP

Pentagon spokesman Cmdr. J.D. Gordon outlined the rules and restrictions governing Speaker Pelosi's use of the C-20:

No more than 10 passengers (C-20's seat only 12 passengers, not including up to 5 crew members);

No travel to political events;

Members of the speaker's family cannot fly unless the speaker makes a request in writing. The Pelosi family has to reimburse the U.S. Treasury for the cost of a coach ticket per person for the travel, as well as for any food;

Members of Congress cannot fly on the plane unless their travel has been cleared with the House Committee on Standards (the Ethics Committee);

Pelosi's husband can travel for free, but only for official protocol purposes.

SNIP

"I want an aircraft that will reach California," Pelosi told reporters Wednesday afternoon, insisting that she doesn't care what kind of plane it is as long as it can fly nonstop to her home district.

Anyone wanna make a bet that Pelosi knew which planes might be available and by asking for "non'stop" service, knew which plane it would take to make the trip?

It didn't take long fro her to get caught with her hand in the cookie jar.;)

#26 carpro, Feb 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

As the INFORMATION THAT I PROVIDED indicated - the OLD PLANE had a better 'range' then the new one.

Politics pure and simple.

The gulfstream III has been the standard of business class travel for years.

Having flown (small pistons) all my life, the clear message is one of "uh . . . I don't think that 'small' plane is as good as the 'big' plane."

The smaller plane is much more maneuverable (anti terror fear?) can be equipped with flares for disrupting SA-7's . . .

As a non-pilot type, you could have just looked on google . . .

I even put the language into english speak . . .

Yes, requesting a much more expensive vehicle to do the same job . . . has manufactured murtha saying that since she (they) hold the purse strings, the military had better come through.

Personally? The gulfstream is a better bird hands down. I don't know how the air force configures the gulfstream III versus the boeing 757, but unless that 757 has the 'golden' toilet lids, the gulfstream is a much better business class bird. the gulfstream has been the bird against which the others have been measured for the last 30 (or so) years.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

First get elected to the House of Representatives, then get elected Speaker and you too will receive a jet for traveling purposes. You even get to keep you 93 Nissan Sentra.

BTW, I had a Sentra once; they are excellent vehicles in my opinion.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

It would not be out of the question for the DMN to be lying.

That said, the "facts" that I cited were not manufactured. It makes me wonder if you even read what I said. The "facts" that I refer to are that prior to the invasion of Iraq, people on both sides of the aisle, and all over the globe believed that Iraq had WMDs. Clinton, Clinton's national security team, Clinton's intelligence department, Gore, Kerry , the UN security council, etc. ... they all said exactly what Bush said. That is a fact, and that is exactly what I said the fact was.

I didn't say it was a fact that they had WMDs. You simply failed to read closely because you don't really pay attention thoughtfully. You seem to have a one track mind of attack. It is not befitting this board.

You tell us ... You are the one who brought it up (post #11). No one mentioned it until after you did. I don't konw why you brought it up. I suppose because you have some insatiable desire to constantly attack those you disagree with, regardless of the facts.

I am perfectly focused. That is how I know you brought the issue up, and that is how I know you are revising history.

It seems clear that you are the one not focusing. You brought up something that you now say you don't know how it relates to this topic. So why bring it up? Are you not paying attention to what is going around you? Are you really that clueless?

Face it Galatian, you have long been exposed as a political hack for liberalism. You will revise history to fit your agenda with no regard for the truth. And we see right through it.

#29 Pastor Larry, Feb 10, 2007
  10. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/20070209-114808-9219r/

Published: Feb. 9, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Sgt-at-arms says he requested Pelosi plane

WASHINGTON, Feb. 9 (UPI) -- The U.S. House sergeant-at-arms says he and not Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked for a larger plane for her personal use to travel cross-country non-stop.

Bill Livingood said the request was for security reasons, CNN reported.

"The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable," Livingood said.

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I guess we know where some people on this board get their news, don't we?

:laugh:

Thanks for the link.

:thumbs:

A lie is a lie regardless of how many times the lie is repeated.

Regards, hope you are well,
    BiR

#31 Baptist in Richmond, Feb 10, 2007
  12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Yes a lie is a lie.

The gulfstream was cost to coast certified for decades before the 757 was built.

So, what was the real reason?

;)

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Real reason for what? Lying?

It's what some people do best.

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

So why do they keep lying about why Pelosi wanted the more expensive plane?

Just because they do that best . . .

What is this world coming to . . .

15. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Turns out they were lying about Pelosi specifying the most expensive plane, or any plane at all. Even the House Sgt-at-Arms didn't do that; he merely asked for a plane capable of non-stop flight to her home. (which had also been done for previous speakers for security reasons)

From the Dallas Morning News (which generally supports republicans):
    "Republicans, led by aggressive junior lawmakers, seized on the most extreme possibility; Ms. Pelosi's flying on the military equivalent of a Boeing 757 with the latest in travel comforts."

The Swift Boat syndrome again. They simply made up a story, and tried to peddle it to the media. Now that it's blown up in their faces, they are trying to get some cover. If I was Pelosi, I'd rub their noses in it at every opportunity. That's how to deal with scams like this.

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Dallas is the second most liberal city in Texas . . . maybe with your vote it is second?

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

The story was made up out of nothing. Haven't you caught on to that yet?

Who started this story? The why and how are obvious.

18. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

"They simply made up a story"

They sure did!

19. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You live in a dumb like Wolfe City and you are criticizing Dallas? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

And now that we've caught them, they figure that if they just shout the lie louder, people will forget the truth.

But this time, it doesn't seem to be working. Even republican newspapers, like the Dallas Morning News are printing the truth, and printiing it rather bluntlly.

"Republicans, led by aggressive junior lawmakers, seized on the most extreme possibility; Ms. Pelosi's flying on the military equivalent of a Boeing 757 with the latest in travel comforts."

The way to stop this kind of dishonesty, is to keep the issue in the news as long as possible, and make them wish they had never tried it.

It will be taken as evidence that the republicans still think that they can trick their way into power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.