PEN PALS WANTED!

Discussion in 'Missions / Witnessing / eVangelism' started by Carolyn Dee, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee
    Expand Collapse

Years ago, I wrote to many young people around the world. Now, I like to do so again and I need addresses. I want to send TRACTS - I want to tell them about Jesus Christ. Does anyone know where I can find international listings? I have attempted to do so on the Internet but most cost $$$$$$$ or are inactive. Ideas please! Thank you, Carolyn [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

In this day and age, many are rightfully SUSPECT of such requests. Priests and youth pastors molest children and young teens. Parents are leary of their kids getting e-messages or letters from "strangers".

And you want to send these kids tracts and Bible literature? I will pray for you but don't expect the same success as 10 years ago (pre internet and pre scandal).

3. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee
    Expand Collapse

Dr. Bob Griffin - you are right that such literature would be viewed suspiciously given todays scandal climate. After I posted my first note, I searched the 'net for Pen Pal listings and was astonished (shouldn't have been)to see that were rather sexual in nature. Sad. I guess I may have to drop the idea [​IMG] .

Perhaps if I wrote to the missionaries in my church, they might have ideas. Hmm, that's an idea! [​IMG] I value your opinion and how does that idea sound to you?

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia
    Expand Collapse

Carolyn, I think I would approach missionaries because we were told recently that even having Christian literature in one's possession could be cause for death in some countries. You certainly would not want to put someone in danger! However, since so many have access to computers, you might create a web site with copies of tracts or information on how to be saved and try to figure out how to post that on international chat boards instead. Just a thought.... but God bless you for your heart for all His children!

Seems to me there's an old prayer request from a gentleman who had Bibles and literature stolen. Check back a few months and see if you can contact him!

Diane