1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pentagon says "no reason to doubt" the recollections of team members.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by carpro, Aug 30, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?sid=558226&nid=251&pid=2

Intrigue Over Able Danger Grows
    Updated: Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005 - 8:42 AM

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon appears to have reversed its position on Able Danger, the Army intelligence collection team.

A Pentagon spokesman now says "there's no reason to doubt the specific recollections" of the growing number of team members. The team members say the project had pre-Sept. 11 intelligence on al Qaida, which Defense Department lawyers prohibited them from sharing with the FBI.

Members of the team say they identified the lead Sept. 11 terrorist Mohamed Atta as a cell leader more than a year before the attacks on the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Seems like there is alot of people coming out the woodwork with evidence disputing the official story these days. Hmmm.

3. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Um although 'Abel Danger' was not mentioned, all of this was acknowledged in the 9-11 commission report. Yes we had our eye on Atta. Yes we knew there was chatter of something going on. And yes the commission delved into why some agencies were prohibited to share the information (FBI procedures were deeply discussed).

I just have to ask, why does this really matter now? It isnt like they are going to be able to tell us the next threat are they? I smell a book coming out.

Also, what the heck is 'of the growing number of team members'? You can join this team? Where do I sign up? laffs

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

FOX NEWS

911 Commission staff lied...no biggie.

What was that Bush said? Oh yeah, "Fool me once, shame ... shame on ... you." (long, uncomfortable pause) "Fool me — can't get fooled again!"

5. emeraldctyangel

How do you pursue matters that have no relative bearing on the here and now? Or better yet...why? So you can learn from them? Why werent this 'all important, could have saved the day', Able Danger team in the news and rolling around on the steps of the Capitol building much earlier than now, if it is true they could have done something? Heck I read the commission report in late November. And here we sit four years later (well in roughly two weeks), doing nothing but talking about would haves and could haves.

The commission staff (heh) lied? Try working in sensitive matters where almost everything is classified to one point or another. Then maybe youll understand the difference. That is why Able Danger could not be discussed. It is likely that what they uncovered was linked to something else they were trying to prosecute. And there is something to be said about preserving your case.

As for what we have learned about 9-11, agencies must learn to work together, warnings must not go unheeded, and Americans need to take a long hard look at what compells them to become so complacent when it comes to good sense. Everyone wants all this freedom, and when everyone gets it due to overwhelmed agencies unable to enforce higher safety measures (a better check at the airports might have curtailed many of the 19 from ever getting on the plane), something terrible happens. And what does America do? Look the wrong way. Again. Nice.

Dont come crying when you get your way and you find it is perfectly okay for people to kill each other in mid-flight or when they start taking on legions of elementary school children because, you know, that is where all this satanic American freedom is taught. :rolleyes:

Its all about the drama with some.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"The commission staff (heh) lied?"

"The impetus for this letter is my extreme disappointment in the recent, and false, claim of the 9/11 commission staff that the commission was never given access to any information on Able Danger," Weldon wrote to former Chairman Gov. Thomas Kean (search) and Vice-Chairman Rep. Lee Hamilton (search). "The 9/11 commission staff received not one but two briefings on Able Danger from former team members, yet did not pursue the matter.

There I bolded it so you can see it better. Apparently the commission was asked if they had been briefed and their reply was we "were never given access to any information on Able Danger"

Main Entry: 3lie
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): lied; ly·ing /'lI-i[ng]/
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lEogan; akin to Old High German liogan to lie, Old Church Slavonic lugati
    intransitive senses
    1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
    2 : to create a false or misleading impression
    transitive senses : to bring about by telling lies <lied his way out of trouble>
    synonyms LIE, PREVARICATE, EQUIVOCATE, PALTER, FIB mean to tell an untruth. LIE is the blunt term, imputing dishonesty <lied about where he had been>. PREVARICATE softens the bluntness of LIE by implying quibbling or confusing the issue <during the hearings the witness did his best to prevaricate>. EQUIVOCATE implies using words having more than one sense so as to seem to say one thing but intend another <equivocated endlessly in an attempt to mislead her inquisitors>. PALTER implies making unreliable statements of fact or intention or insincere promises <a swindler paltering with his investors>. FIB applies to a telling of a trivial untruth <fibbed about the price of the new suit>.

Merriam- Webster

So there is no doubt what constitutes a (heh) lie.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watergate was not really about a botched burglary. It was the cover up that followed that would have brought down a president had he not resigned.

There's not much we can do at this late date to bring back 3000 souls that paid for the Clinton Administration's perfidy. But we can at least make them quit covering up their complicity in the matter.

Who knows? Somebody might even be prosecuted for any number of crimes connected with this cover up.

8. emeraldctyangel

Well, everybody has to have a dream I guess.

When yours poncho, comes true of being able to sit in the same room with all these liars and conspiracy theorists, please do come back and post to us little people and let us know how it really is. Maybe they will all be impressed with your dictionary skills.

Someone *might* be prosecuted for any number of crimes connected with this cover up? Well gosh, I will sleep better at night now. If this coverup is so intense and draconian as you are allegeding, then how many people do you think will ever see the inside of a courtroom? Oh shoot, there I go, starting ANOTHER conspiracy theory (...that darn Patriot Act, prohibiting the constitional rights of a fair and speedy trial~).

Whatever folks. Try prayer, it works.

9. emeraldctyangel

The question remains is WHERE WERE THEY DURING THE COMMISSION PANEL FINDINGS?

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"When yours poncho, comes true of being able to sit in the same room with all these liars and conspiracy theorists, please do come back and post to us little people and let us know how it really is. Maybe they will all be impressed with your dictionary skills."

Reality is: When asked if they (commission) had been briefed on Able Danger, they lied. Resorting to subterfuge on their behalf doesn't change reality.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right.

When members of the commission were asked about Able Danger, it went something like this:

I never heard of it.
    We were never briefed on it.
    Oh yeah, I remember something about that.
    We didn't consider the information of importance.
    It wasn't credible.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Carpro, think real hard when's the last time you haven't seen or heard this same type scenerio from our government when confronted with a question like this?

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Impeach Clinton! Ut Oh! I forgot we already did that! :D

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When they really get caught with their hand in the cookie jar? Almost never. :D

15. emeraldctyangel

Okay so they wait until now? Sorry, I shall continue to sneer. Were they waiting for a promise of a reprint?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No problem we've learned to live with it. :D