1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pentecostal Head Warns Against 'Spineless' Christianity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rufus_1611, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

My compliments to this gentleman for speaking some good stuff.

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It's hard to believe this post has been up more than 24 hours without a single reply. I say a hearty Amen! to Pastor Trask, or whatever his name is.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

How can one preach against sin if in fact no man can live without sin, and or if in fact it is at its roots the necessitated outcome of being human?

As good as these well intentioned remarks are, we as a church will never be effective against sin until we are willing to define what it is and be willing to face what it is.

When we suggest, yea even demand, that sin is an unavoidable contagion passed on and contracted by mere natural generation, and as such impossible to avoid, the lines of sin will forever be blurred into obscurity. If this good man will take a look at the doctrines of his own denomination, he will find there a major obstacle to the destruction of sin within the church.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Do you submit yourself as a specimen of your type of 'human being'? If not, why not? How then it's possible for and applicable to others? I find your post most hypocritical and false.

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Sorry GE. I do not understand what you are asking. Try asking it in another way.

As for being ‘hypocritical and false,’ you need to establish that rather than to just make an accusation, then we can have discussion and or debate.:)

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

It's the impression your post creates - nothing personal (I hope!).

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: How does this response clarify your former post? How or why was my post "hypocritical and false?"

8. Dan V.

Dan V. New Member

Sounds like he wants to do the right thing. I used to be in an AG church, but left went it got unbiblically crazy. God has some good folks there.

Dan V.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Now that is indeed a weighty accusation. Would you mind sharing just what they started believing that justifies you saying they went "unbiblically crazy?"