1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured People leaving Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Van, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here we have it folks.......a denial of the truths of Mt.23 :13.....these nice sinners were.....seeking God......in their own way.....they were.nice sinners yet religious people not unlike this unnamed poster.....judge them....and hinder them from coming.....
    Using his unnamed doctrines he beguiled unstable souls.....read that one verse again...it is magical....it over throws all the falsehoods thar are being offered here......just read that one verse over and over......do you see it yet!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repeating a falsehood shows irrationality.
    Why is that nameless doctrine advocate desperately trying to change the subject? His mistaken doctrine denies people would seek God (they all hate God and run from light). So these who had seemed to seek God and His righteousness demonstrate the falseness of his doctrine.

How are we supposed to stimulate others to love God and keep His commands? The churches from which they left would seem in need of such a discussion. Could discipleship be part of the answer?

When a person believes in the "name" of Christ, what is the idea. Name refers to what is known about Christ, i.e. Son of God, Messiah, Lamb of God, Savior, etc. Does His Name include all He commanded? Should it?

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More deflection, obfuscation, smoke and mirrors.....Mt 23 is clear...they were coming.....God chose the lamb, His lamb.....
    Just read it folks.....that one verse says it all.....Notice how it is avoided!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note the effort to change the subject from why are three times as many people leaving Mainline churches as leaving Evangelicals, to an attack on me.

The mistaken doctrines of the dark ages are hindering evangelism big time.

How are we supposed to stimulate others to love God and keep His commands? The churches from which they left would seem in need of such a discussion. Could discipleship be part of the answer?

When a person believes in the "name" of Christ, what is the idea. Name refers to what is known about Christ, i.e. Son of God, Messiah, Lamb of God, Savior, etc. Does His Name include all He commanded? Should it?

5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then stop. You're the only one doing this.

As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.[Romans 3:10-11]

Show us Van where it says there are ppl seeking God outside the drawing of Christ.

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.[1 Corinthians 2:14]

Show us Van where those without the Spirit of God can understand the sincere milk of the gospel. Your extrabiblical stance(s) do you no favors.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did anyone say people put their faith in Christ without the drawing of God.
    Does Romans 3:10-11 say no one ever seeks God?

LOL - as if I had not done so time after time. Here it is again.

1 Corinthians 3: 1-3 - And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3 for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?​

Therefore men of flesh can understand spiritual milk, but not spiritual meat. So the things of the Spirit that natural men cannot understand are spiritual meat, 1 Cor. 2:14.

There is absolute no scriptural support anywhere in the bible for total spiritual inability. Limited, yes.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Returning to topic, why are three times as many people from Mainstream churches leaving than from Evangelical churches? What can be do to stimulate love for God and observing all Christ commanded?

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Free Grace Theology does not include praying a prayer to be saved ... except, of course, as straw-men arguments (or via misunderstanding) from opponents. But I'll have to add that the flip side is also true. Those who hold to Lordship Salvation do not believe in a works based salvation except as a straw-man argument (or via misunderstanding) from the opponents.

When I read the post, I had the exact same thought as your conclusion - it is no different from those who advocate baptismal regeneration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Van,

Interesting....so you would say that if someone repeated error over and over.....they show irrationality.......in other words the person was mentally disturbed???:Cautious
    So if they repeat a verse or 7 verses over and over....in every thread no matter what the topic is....they bring up the same verses again and again....we can say they are part of the lunatic fringe:Thumbsup:Thumbsup:Cautious

I wonder if we know anyone who uses mt 23 over and over....for all threads???:Cautious:Cautious

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

You keep repeating this falsehood.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think happens to those whom you believe are Christians yet do not live like one during the Millennium?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Returning to topic, why are three times as many people from Mainstream churches leaving than from Evangelical churches? What can be do to stimulate love for God and observing all Christ commanded?

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mainline churches are soaked in dead liberalism and/or rank apostasy. Some evangelicals remain, but they don't control the agenda. The United Methodist Church could be one (partial) exception. There is still a battle for the agenda in that church because of the overseas churches and their tendency to be more conservative.

I'm not sure where you are going with the second question, but I'm reminded of the Jewish tradition of saying "HaShem" (Hebrew for "the name") in reference to God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where I was trying to go is the assertion that the Name of Christ includes "all He commanded." Thus when someone believes on His Name, they have at least a working knowledge of what He taught. While it is true no one can keep all He commanded, it is also true we are to strive to do so. There is a lot more to biblical Christianity than what those leaving mentioned, indicating they were never disciplined. The ground was not tilled. They had no deep root within themselves.

15. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God saves many who only have very basic knowledge. It's not a requirement to know much, only the basics. God will provide those basics on the journey to his providing faith.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are not talking about those God saved. We are talking about those God chose not to save. Why did He not credit their faith as righteousness? Was it because they had no root?

If you are say God provides faith supernaturally, such as with irresistible grace, that view is bogus. Blaming God for our ineffective ministry is without merit.

17. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can say it's bogus all day. That doesn't make a bit of difference one way or the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can disregard the scriptural evidence I have provided countless times to demonstrate it is bogus. But OTOH, you did not offer any evidence of support from scripture.

If only people under the compulsion of irresistible grace sought God, how do you explain those seeking God but failing to achieve righteousness? Romans 9:30-33

If only people under the compulsion of irresistible grace sought God, how do you explain the rich young ruler? Mark 10:17-27

If only people under the compulsion of irresistible grace sought God, how do you explain the men entering the kingdom being blocked? Matthew 23:13.

Bottom line, the grace that draws us to Christ is resistible.

19. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care to debate that here. We have a forum for it, and, quite frankly, it's tiresome.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am fine with that.

Back to topic, why are people who once professed Christ leaving the church?

Because they had no root within themselves. Because those who brought them the gospel failed to till the ground, or planted but did not water?

What can we do to stimulate love for God and observing all Christ commanded?

• Like Like x 1