1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured per Hebrews/Jesus Died ONCE AND FOR ALL/Why does RCC resacrifice him each Mass?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Protestant version of Eucherist....

Point being that salvation NOT found in those ordinances!

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus is the Word of God, John 1:1. The Word became flesh, John 1:14. Jesus’ body is the bread, the bread from heaven John 6:33.

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone keeps his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

When we believe in Jesus’ shed blood, we come into the blood covenant with God, Mark 12:24. We believe and this believing is as drinking his blood.

To obey Jesus, to do what the bread from heaven says, this is eating, this is eating the bread from heaven, and it is eating his flesh. Keeping Jesus’ word is equivalent to eating his flesh.

When we are hungry, hungry for God’s truth, we come to Jesus. Jesus says, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:51

When we come to Jesus, believe, and obey, Jesus give us water to drink that is, Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit, John 4:10; 14; John 7:38; 39.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

#102 Moriah, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

The way/means by which we "take" his flesh/blood is NOT in a sacrament, but by placing our faith in the one who died upon the Cross for our sins, communion JUST a symbol of that!

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not know what you mean. It sounds like you agree with me. The Lord's Supper is in remembrance of what Jesus did for us.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I never said it was. I wasn't talking about Communion, the Eucharist, etc. You brought that up, not I.
    1. The Samaritan woman recognized the living water that Christ was speaking of was Christ himself. "Is not this the Christ..."

2. The bread that Christ was speaking of was Himself. "I am the bread of life."

3. The flesh and blood that Christ referred to was to himself.

4. Each one brings eternal life because in each case he was referring to eternal life. But who is speaking of Communion, etc., not I.

6. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

That may be what you believe, but that's NOT what Jesus said.

John 6:54-56
    King James Version (KJV)

54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

WM