1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Percentage Bracket

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Mar 13, 2007.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

For the last few years, I've done a "percentage bracket" where I fill in each line with the teams that I think could fill that line and their respective percent chance of filling that line. I would love to see a contest based on this concept, but I figure most people would find it cumbersome or too complicated. Anyways, I won't bore you with the entire bracket, but here are my potential Final Four teams with their respective chances:

Midwest:
    Florida - 75%
    Wisconsin - 10%
    Oregon - 10%
    Maryland - 5%

West:
    UCLA - 60%
    Kansas - 20%
    Pittsburgh - 5%
    S. Illinois - 5%
    Duke - 5%
    Villanova - 5%

East:
    Georgetown - 60%
    North Carolina - 20%
    Texas - 10%
    Wash. St. - 5%
    USC - 5%

South:
    Ohio St. - 60%
    Texas A&M - 30%
    Memphis - 5%
    Louisville - 5%

For the Champion, here are my percentages:

Georgetown - 30%
    Florida - 25%
    UCLA - 20%
    Ohio St. - 15%
    North Carolina - 5%
    Kansas - 5%

Keep in mind, I follow college basketball very little; most of what I predict is based on what I hear the pundits saying on ESPN.

One of the fun things with doing a percentage bracket, is you can see if there was any possibility that you could have completed a perfect bracket. For instance, last year I did not have George Mason making the Final Four even at a 5% chance, so there was no way I could have completed a perfect bracket. Along with George Mason I missed a few other slots, so I maybe could have completed a bracket with 57 out of 63 correct if I would have completed a bracket with the right combination of all my possible picks.

Makes sense? Am I nuts or what? :wavey:

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yeah, you're nuts, but we knew that already :laugh: :wavey:

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Yep! Time for another list! :type:

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Keep in mind, I follow college basketball very little; most of what I predict is based on what I hear the pundits saying on ESPN."
    ------------

That's where you go wrong. :) They can't get over their basketball lust for the ACC, the Big East, and random mid-majors.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Dickie V. does tend to balance out the negativity supplied by the Billy Packer, the Curmudgeon of College Basketball. Every year, Packer finds a new way to rip somebody for no good reason and come off looking like an a... ahem.. a complete jerk.

Andy Katz of ESPN does a good job of balance, and I haven't read as much that Seth Davis has written this season, but he seems pretty balanced also.