1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Permethrin clothes

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by JonC, Dec 1, 2013.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok….just picked up a new uniform (ACU's) and not too happy (may I’m just paranoid). It’s marked insect repellent apparel. I don’t like chemicals in my clothes. Maybe this is just the first time I actually read the label. I dunno. :(

The old ones were not supposed to reflect IR...this is the first time I noticed repelling bugs. I guess it'd be OK if I was planning on being among the insects any time soon...but I'm not.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The ACUs have been treated since I came in 6 years ago. In fact, that's why you're not supposed to starch them. They don't want the chemicals fading.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want the chemicals gone :smilewinkgrin:.

I actually thought that was just the IR reflecting thing...but you know, those taps are also gone from the sleeve. Just noticed that part. What I'd give to go back to BDU's.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in the Corps in the 80's and cammies were treated back then. Although the treatment was to be hid from infra red sighting. We were not supposed to starch them either. However, I had three sets, one for combat, one for inspection, and one for everyday wear. As an MP on a model installation it was difficult to get that razor sharp crease without starch.

When I got done with them you could stand them up in the corner all by themselves.

5. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Many people starch and crease their ACUs, especially E8s, even though your not supposed to. I've thought about it, but no one's ever complained about how my uniform looks and I keep my boots brushed. So I probably won't.