1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Persecuted Christians

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Does your church (or you personally) support any organizations that minister to persecuted Christians throughout the world? If so, which ones are they?

Do you know of any other ways (besides prayer, of course) that a church (or an individual person) can help our brothers and sisters in Christ who face persecution?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Voice of the martyrs is a good organization to support.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

+1 on that, webdog. V.o.M. is a great organization.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

ditto, VoM is the best place to put efforts towards helping persecuted Christians.

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We personally support Voice of Martyrs, and Door of Hope.

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

In my research on the topic of worldwide Christian persecution, I came across two interesting websites:

www.persecution.org

This is sponsored by an organization called International Christian Concern. and:

www.politicalislam.com

As you probably can tell by its title, this site mainly focuses on the persecution of Christians by radical jihadists. OTOH, the ICC site will also cover government-sponsored persecution in such countries as North Korea and Laos.

Neither site makes any distinction between individuals or groups as to whether they might or might not preach or teach what most of us here on BB would probably consider to be the true Gospel. OTOH, it's been my experience that the ones who persecute Christians don't seem to make that distinction either. IOW, "If their meeting places have a cross anywhere in them, they're Christian."

7. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Overall a pretty good article on China and their relation to house churches.

The city where I live now, Jilin, had a real nasty pogrom against house churches about six or seven years ago, but things are now more peaceful. We go to a baptist church (registered, not house). The Chinese pastor preaches in English, but also gives the invitation in Chinese. His Bible exposition is not really very good, but I believe his heart is in the right place. And at any rate the Word is being preached.

From what I can gather - and it is hard, from my position here - the problem about the house churches, unregistered, is when they try too hard to be political or to become known. If they would focus more on the fact that Christianity includes - as much as lies within us - obedience to delegated powers, Rom. 13, they could be more successful. The Kingdom, after all, is like the leaven that permeates

Christianity started as a backwater fringe "cult" (I speak as a Roman!), but in the end it had filtered through the whole dough of the Roman Empire, being an encouragement to saints in Caesar's own household. If churches would get back to being like these early churches, countries all over the world would be leavened this same way.