1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Persecution

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ray Berrian, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

In the September 2003 issue of "The Voice of the Martyrs" there is an article that may cause us to unite in prayer for our brothers and sisters in faith.

Pakistan: 'On June 5, 2003, Father George Abraham was sleeping in the yard of a church compound at Renala Khurd District in Okara (75 km from Lahore). At approximately 1:00 a.m., six armed terrorists entered the church compound and opened fire on the priest. Abraham was killed by gunshot wounds to his right hand and chest. A convent cook was sleeping nearby, and the gunmen ordered him to lie down on his bed. The cook said that as the militant Muslims fled the church compound, they shouted that their next target would be the Catholic nuns.'

Let's keep these nuns in our prayers for their protection and the sorrowing family of the priest who died for his faith.

2. mioque

mioque New Member

Ray you are a peculiar and complex person. :confused:

"Ray is saying, 'Yes and amen.' The other people make the other gospel look like a piece of rusty and twisted metal at the junk yard, because of their insistence as to their pet historical and ecclesiastical traditions.'"

"Let's keep these nuns in our prayers for their protection and the sorrowing family of the priest who died for his faith."

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Mioque,

Thanks for your true thoughts.

What I meant by my previous post is that Roman Catholic Theology is a distortion of the truth, not that there is not a basic Christian message therein. Relax, man, only a dash of hyperbole.

Until you rule the world, I will pray for all Christians who are suffering under persecution.

4. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

I read the story also, and one thing struck me. We are, as best I remember, on "friendly" terms with Pakistan.

The United States could just about stop most persecution overnight if they would say one thing to the countries involved:

NOT ONE MORE THIN DIME FROM US IF ANOTHER CHRISTIAN GETS HURT IN ANY WAY.

Of course, our representatives won't do this because $$$$$ are much more important than God.

But God will have His way with this country some day...and it will not be pretty. :( :(

5. mioque

mioque New Member

"Thanks for your true thoughts. "
    Don't mention it.

"What I meant by my previous post is that Roman Catholic Theology is a distortion of the truth, not that there is not a basic Christian message therein."
    That's my opinion, before this thread I got the impression your opinion was more along the lines of the 'whore of Babylon'.

"Until you rule the world, I will pray for all Christians who are suffering under persecution. "
    And how would baptists ruling the world stop you from doing that?

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Even though the Catholic Church is the woman of Revelation 17 does not mean that the rest of us Christians do not have empathy for those people who have identified with this denomination via their church membership. Just because the ecclesiastical system has a history of atrocities does not mean that there are not Christians within the system. Even God has been patient with those who will perhaps one day be part of the one world church. 'Come out of her, My people' saith the Lord. [Revelation 18:4]

No matter what world leader would try to suppress our prayers would be an impossibility because no one can evaluate what is going on in the human heart/soul.

Our Air Force bombed the Afganistan side of the mountain but not the Pakistan side. Sure looks like Ben Laden could have easily slipped into their country under the protection of like minded people. I personally think that the evil one is stirring up the non-christian people to make their move against the people of God in the non-Christian nations.

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Some people may want to pray for Christians in Cuba. Eighty political dissidents have been arrested this year and the captains of hijacked boats have been executed. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is spreading like wildfire.

Also, Indonesia seems to be a favorite target of Satan. There are three thousand inhabited islands and Islamic jihad warriors have taken over Christian villages. Nine hundred churches have been smashed or burned by Muslims. Let's pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are trying to witness to His Gospel. My prayer is Lord give them strength and wisdom.

If other people see spiritual concerns please inform us so we can pray with you.