1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Persecution

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

I received a message from a pastor friend of mine, which I will share, but wanted to give this hypothetical first...

Imagine buying your first home. Your very excited about it being your first home, a place of your own, and having a place of security and comfort. However, you come to learn that if you do not dedicate your home to the local gods/idols you are likely to be drug from your home the day you enter it and beaten to death.

What would you do?

This is exactly what is happening to two twin sisters and their mother. On Saturday the foundation ceremony will take place and they will be expected to worship idols. All their in-laws will be watching. These women have already suffered severe beatings for their faith in Christ after recently hearing the Gospel, giving their lives to Jesus, and renouncing idol worship.

They came to their pastor, my friend, for advice. And what did he advice. I quote, "I encouraged them with scriptures and to be strong even unto our death."

The women agreed and will go to the ceremony with Bible reading, song and prayer. The pastor also remarked (because I will go to India to see) "you will see them and you will be soo excited to see their faithful life even in beatings and persecutions"

Hallelujah. What great witnesses for Christ. These brethren are suffering these thing is south India from radical Hinduism. Please pray for them, that their faith will stand, and that, if GOd wills, they will be faithful even unto death.

Your brother in Christ,
    RB

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I have a friend in India who is a pastor.

Anyone who says that Hinduism is peaceful simply needs to try to buck it and see what happens.