1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Persecution

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Deacon, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eritrean Christian dies in prison [LINK] Oct 30, 2013 by John Evans

ERITREA (BP) -- A Christian woman perished from pneumonia in an Eritrean prison after facing harsh conditions and denial of medical treatment -- all because she would not renounce her faith.

Open Doors, an organization supporting the global persecuted church, reported this week that Wehazit Berhane Debesai is the 25th known Christian to have died in prison in Eritrea. According to the report, the exact date of death of the woman in her 30s is unknown. Eritrean authorities arrested her a year ago. They held her near the Ethiopian border for being involved in Christian activities outside the Orthodox, Catholic and Evangelical Lutheran church groups.

According to International Christian Concern, an organization supporting persecuted believers, Eritrea is one of the world's worst persecutors of Christians. More than 2,000 Christians are believed to have been imprisoned for their faith.
    Eritrea is ranked No. 10 on the Open Doors 2013 World Watch List of the worst persecutors of Christians.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for posting this.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Thanks for the report. So many of us in this country don't understand how many Christians are killed each year for their beliefs.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I was at an Open Doors meeting not to long ago and so some video of the conditions of persecuted Christians in Eritrea. Shocking sights.

Meanwhile western Christians scream 'persecution' when a child is told he can't wear his 'I love Jesus' t-shirt to school.

Thanks for the heads up reminder.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

So true Roger. So many of us know and look at only what we have seen are heard first hand, we stay in the comfort of our little world. I think western Christians should look at things that infringe on their right as a Christian, because we can lose them so easy, but we need to know how well we have it compared to our brothers and sisters throughout the world. We are very weak and I believe we tolerate to much at times.