1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Personal Bible Commentary

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some time ago there was a thread about personal commentaries. If I remember correctly the thread was about a wide margin Bible where a person could write in notes on their understanding of a passage. I've been thinking about this since then. It seems to me that with a computer and web sites like Biblegateway it would be quite easy to develop a personal commentary. Copying a passage from the Bible and then pasting it into a word processor file is easy. Then, using a different font, a person could add in their understanding and notes on this passage. Another format might be to use a two column format, one for the Bible passage and one for the personal comments and notes.

Just an idea.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Good idea. I think writing personal commentaries on the Scriptures is a great way to work through the text, and for those of us who are fathers, a great legacy to leave our children.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's already been done.

Rob

Logos 4: Create Your Own Study Bible [LINK]

Logos Bible Software creates a note in the file with the name of your verse. Underneath the note name is a content box. You can type or copy and paste text into this box. So as you investigate those commentaries, dictionaries, etc. copy text from them into your note file.