1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Personal Holiness, Separation, and Being "Worldly"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Jun 14, 2013.

1. PeterM

PeterM Member

I eat food... the world eats food.

Conclusion: I am worldly.

There is a point at which where we can take defining holiness/being separate with doing the opposite of what we perceive the world doing too far.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

My post was in response to yours:
    Facebook is being discussed in this thread with much support being offered for use of same. Thus far I have not joined FaceBook. Because everytime I enter Facebook I am putting money into their coffers. Their biggest source of revenue is advertising according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook --(Like newpaper circulation - the more customers the higher the ad rates.)

"Being worldly is sinful, and sin stems from the heart."

The question asked was whether giving to a cause such as support of gay activism is worldly? Is it a sin to give to an organization that openly supports homosexuality, because that organization provides something else we want for our use/personal pleasure? What is the difference between putting $5 in a collection plate and being used, by the holder of the plate, to earn that $5 to further endorse sin?

"The modern christian has defined worldly to mean 'anything I don't approve of'."

A broad paintbrush that can be turned around to say 'anything that I do approve of is not worldly'. FB can be used as such an example.

FWIW.......
    Some notes for those who have not taken time, yet, to research on FB background & founders. There's a lot more, BTW. The following addresses one point. There are several others, as mentioned in an earlier reply.

-- article goes on to state previous measures taken in this "fight".

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

There was a day when pants were worldly. Give me a break.