1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

personal revival giving me a red face!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by nodak, Dec 21, 2008.

1. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've complained about the Baptist churches in this town, and am currently part of a baptistic but not Baptist church because of it. I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem, so have really been trying to get my faith right.

As part of the whole "when you find yourself in the weeds and lost, backtrack til you find the road again" thing, I've been going over old material and teachings from the church when, in my not so humble opinion, we got it right.

Now the red face--I find myself moving toward the lordship salvation camp. Not all the way, or as far as some go.

I still do not believe you have to clean up your act to come to Jesus. ...that is part of the job of the Holy Spirit after you do come.

But I am increasingly concerned that we seem to tell people they can get saved with no intention at all of a changed heart and life. THAT is too far the other direction, too. Seems our problems here stem from an unregenerate membership to a high degree.

Ack, hairball in throat, hard to say this, but somebody tell DonnA I said she might, maybe, a little bit, somehow, be on the right track. ACK.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a noble person, nodak. It takes courage to admit past error.

3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is simply the doctrine of repentance. It is a vital and important doctrine, without which one cannot be saved.

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

These are two sides of the same coin. You cannot have one without the other.

II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.