1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PETA Offends People of All Religions

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Wolfgang, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

PETA & Greenpeace a place for nuts to gather and grow.

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

What is PETA's obsession with nekkid women? Ok, let me rephrase that . . . why do they think that having women take their clothes off at protests convinces people that animal rights are important?

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't want to do a whole thread on it. I was in Casper, WY a few years ago and was able to quickly find that several Pagan groups exist there. I visited one witchcraft/pagan store and a cafe that was run by Pagans. The witchcraft shop was helping to sponsor a large Pagan gathering that was going to take place there later that year. There were also several Pagan newsletters being printed there. I was told that in the local community college, either there or near there (can't recall now), there was a Pagan group as well, though that is pretty common across the country.

Contrary to what many people think, modern NeoPaganism flourishes more in smaller towns/cities and rural areas than it does in the larger cities, for the most part.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is the kind of name-calling that alienated me from Christians when I was an animal rights activist and New Ager. This is exactly what I heard from Christians. Really made me want to listen to them. :rolleyes:

5. Plain Old Bill

Well we are amongst ourselves.I judge them by thier actions and thier words.Now do I speak to these people kindly,yes I do. Am I respectful when I speak to them, yes I am.But I am entitled to my opinion and entitled to express it,especially in what I consider friendly confines.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

1. Anyone can come across these posts on Internet searches; that is how I initially found the BB, so non-Christians can easily come here and read stuff and probably do
    2. It seems somewhat hypocritical to call people's names behind their backs and then "treat them kindly;" shouldn't our attitude towards people be consistent, or at least there should be an effort for it
    3. You basically are calling me these names because I once was similar to these people; it's only by the grace of God that I am different now, not because of my own efforts or insights.

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

PETA's credo:

"A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy."

That is a direct quote from the president of PETA.

The only reason that anyone even knows about these nut-cases is because the liberal media loves them.

8. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

YEP...These people are definitely Looney-tunes.In the Charlotte NC area they have a particularly rabid bunch of them that do the nearly nude thingy with a woman(I think)nearly bare painted up like a tiger and then chained up in a little cage whenever the circus comes to town.They also have a transvestite (ugh) that dons a chicken suit and protests in front of the Kentucky Fried Chicken joints.Every now and then the local talk radio hosts get them on the air and let them talk....thats all most normal people need to hear to know all they need to know about PETA.
    As a side note...I'm a Walmart Vendor...I sell and deliver Tropical Fish to those stores in the western NC area that have aquariums.The PETA folks have a regular habit of harrassing the store Pet Dept.Managers about how they "treat" those poor little fish.In one instance that I know of in one of my client stores they were directly responsible for the death of nearly 200 Betta fish because they browbeat the Dept.Mgr.into putting too much water into the cups they are displayed and sold in.These fish depend on a free air supply to breath and when too much water was added to the cups their air supply was cut off causing them to die within 24 hours.It just proves to me that they are not only WEIRDO's....but IGNORANT as well.Just more evidence of what happens to people when they reject the truth and our Creator.I hear they also caught a few of them recently euthanizing stray dogs and discarding the remains in local dumpsters....go figure.

P.S.Marcia...God bless you ...I'm glad you escaped from that world of lies.

Greg Sr.

9. Plain Old Bill

So Marcia I will not crtisize these wonderful people anymore and I will keep my opinions to myself so as to never offend you or anyone else regardless of whether I am right or wrong.You heowever may feel free to critsize me as often as you wish in any fashion you deem appropriate.