1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pets in Heaven

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Steven2006, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

So I gather by all the mixed responses, that nobody believes that it is necessarily wrong in telling a child this.

2. mnw

mnw New Member

I would not lie to a child about this.

But then I am a cruel individual. In our household we do not do the Big Red Fella, tooth fairy, easter bunny etc.

Most of the time it probably is harmless, but it can undermine a relationship when slowly but surely a string of lies unfold. Again, most probably harmless, it is a personal opinion, I do not foster it anyone else and I am open to being wrong.

:)

Here's one for you. If you believe pets will be in heaven, why not just get the deceased pet stuffed and then tell the child it is sleeping? :thumbs:

3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I wouldn't give a definite Yes to this either. Maybe a carefully placed "hopefully" would be useful.

You would not be lying if you said the animal was "in a better place". With that, even if the animal turns to nothing and returns to the ground, it is in a better place (no pain, cold, heat, hunger, thirst, etc.)

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You mean that you do not put your pulled tooth under your pillow? Aw shucks man, you done gone too far now.

6. mnw

mnw New Member

I don't know about you Brother Bob, but I am not at either end of the scale where teeth come out. :thumbs:

We'll probably do some kind of ivory exchange just to make sure our offspring do not feel left out.

7. mnw

mnw New Member

I love it! Where can I get one?

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Go ahead and rub it in. :)

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I used a stuffed moose as a paperweight once...

But, it broke the desk.

10. mnw

mnw New Member

You needed a stuffed moose? I'd hate to have your in-tray...:tonofbricks:

11. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Hey where did you get that picture of my drummer from?:(

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Boat is really close by.

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

This picture is more evil than any Harry Potter book. ;)

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good house, it seems to me. I didn't believe in Santa Claus; I didn't believe in the tooth fairy; I didn't believe in the Easter bunny.... I didn't even believe in the milk man.

15. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I know this: my old labrador will not be in heaven. He was a cold-blooded murderer. He jumped the fence (a violation of the law) and cold-bloodedly murdered the neighbor's rabbit. And he never repented. Now, he was sorry that I caught him, but he never repented of the murder, or the breaking the law by jumping the fence.

Besides that, cats will not go to heaven. Dogs might, but not cats.

Vernon McGee said that if he ever saw a gorilla on his knees in repentence, then he'd worry about this problem. Until then, he wouldn't.

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

A repentant gorilla? That reminds me of a joke - stop me if you've heard this one... Oh yeah, you can't. That's a good thing, too, because most of you probably have heard it.

A missionary is being chased by a lion. The missionary gets too tired to run and finally cries out to God, "Lord, I pray that you'll make this Lion a Christian."

The clouds open, a ray of light beams down onto the lion. The missionary's cry was heard and answered! The lion stops, falls to its knees and begins to pray, "Father, thank you for this meal I am about to receive..."

17. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I think I heard Doc tell that one... you all may have something in common afterall. Of course it was much funnier when he told it...

18. Joe

Joe New Member

I am with DHK in it's best not to deliberately lie to children, even if we have the best intentions. I think these verses verify animals (pets) will endure salvation

Isaiah 11:6 "the wolf shall also dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

I would like to bold the words a little child to lead them, anyone know how to do this?

19. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Joe,

To bold something put this [ b ] in front of the word you wanted bolded, and this [ / b ] after the word.

But...do not put any spaces as I just did. No spaces.

I had to put spaces so that the bold commands wouldnt disapear and you wouldnt see them.

Mike

20. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Joe,

By the way. Here are more...

Italicise [ i ] and [ / i ]

To put someone elses quote in a "quote box", use these...

[ quote ] before the quoted material and [ /quote ] after it.

Mike