1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peyton Manning Quote

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Peyton Manning was quoted as follows in the bastion of straight news, the Onion as follows:

INDIANAPOLIS, IN—Colts quarterback Peyton Manning said Monday he is looking forward to wrapping up his football season and relaxing with friends and family while watching the Super Bowl, a tradition that goes back nine years in Manning's house and far longer in his extended family. "I believe in working hard each and every Sunday, but when the Super Bowl rolls around, that's my day to relax," Manning told reporters during a break from preparing for the upcoming AFC championship matchup against the Patriots. "As far as I myself am concerned, it's never gotten any better than spending Super Bowl Sunday watching the big game on TV surrounded by family and friends, like I have ever since I can remember." Manning said that the experience of watching the game was his main source of enjoyment, but if he was forced to choose, he would probably be rooting for Tom Brady to "win another one."[​IMG] :laugh:

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Thinking this was a legitimate quote, I started reading it without reading the first line and thought, "Huh??? What??? This can't be right." Then, I read the first line. The Onion almost never fails to deliver. :laugh:

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ain't Payten the Manning that "broke tradition" and attended Tennessee instead of the "Family Institution" of Ole Miss??

Folks at Ole Miss were ready to "Tar and Feather" the ole boy because he didn't follow daddy's every footstep

I seriously doubt he'll be watchin' the game from home!!!

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

But it seems like such a nice tradition, Peyton, Eli and Archie cheering on Tom Brady. I'm expececting the Mannings to be together once again on Superbowl Sunday, gathered around the TV. I really like that image. lol.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

They will be. Of course, it will be a tv inside a luxury box in Miami as Peyton will be on the field. I hope Brady can get his driveway shovled in time to watch the game. Should be a good one. :smilewinkgrin: