1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philadelphia Eagle, Tra Thomas, draws Ire of High School for His Stand For Christ

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Mike McK, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051027/NEWS/510270334/1006

Am I the only one here who sees the irony in principle, Emmanuel Caulk, condemning them for mentioning Christ when Emmanuel means, "God is with us"?

The principle says that he didn't know this would be religious in nature.

Perhaps his first clue might have been the word Christ in the name of the organization.

Maybe they should have called themselves "Atheletes United for Planned Parenthood"

In all seriousness, two of the kids that work for me are Newark HS seniors. Both of them told me that the two didn't even say anything religious in nature.

[ October 27, 2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I bet if there were Wiccans that spoke, nobody would have had a problem with that.

Just another example of the liberal media picking up a non-story and publishing it. The article didn't say how many calls, but I doubt it was more than a couple. A small minority speaking with a loud voice.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't understand why this kind of thing surprises us. What did Jesus say?

"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household" (Matt 10:24-25)

And again:

"They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God. These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me." (John 16:2-3)

We should expect that the lost and dying world will hate us Christians. Why? Because our Father is God (through our Lord Jesus Christ) and their father is satan (Jn 8:44, 1Jn 3:9-10). Satan hates God and he hates the followers of God. Therefore it should not surprise us that satan's followers (ie..the lost) would hate those who are followers of Christ.

Martin.

4. Jaaaman

Jaaaman New Member

I think we will see more condemnation of Christians as time goes on. We live in a world today that is increasingly becoming more hostile towards the Gospel of Jesus. But that really is not unexpected.

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Thumbs up for Tra Thomas. Quite possible that some young man or young lady will come to the Lord Jesus through Thomas' appearance or the media story that followed.