1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phyllis Schlafly Issues Rubio Betrayal Memo

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conservative icon and grassroots heroine Phyllis Schlafly has released a new report extensively detailing
    Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)

79%

’s efforts to deceive the American people in his determined pursuit to open the nation’s borders.

Schlafly’s 15-page report on Rubio’s “betrayal” provides hyperlinked sources to document Rubio’s “big con.”

Schlafly’s memo warns the American people that Rubio’s push to deliver globalist immigration policies for his donors is not finished. “There is likely no person in the United States of America in a better position to enact mass immigration legislation than a President Rubio — no one who could deliver more votes in both parties for open borders immigration,” the memo states. “Senator Rubio is not Main Street’s Obama, he is Wall Street’s Obama: President Obama was a hardcore leftist running as a centrist; Senator Rubio is a Wall Street globalist running as a tea party conservative.”

The report is broken up into more than a dozen subsections, including “LYING TO CONSERVATIVE MEDIA,” in which Schlafly details how Rubio made countless false promises to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, National Review, and others. “Rubio traded shamelessly on the affection and trust conservatives had placed in him,” the memo states. “His deceptions about his immigration bill rivaled and exceeded Obama’s claims about disastrous Obamacare.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/05/phyllis-schlalfy-issues-rubio-betrayal-memo/

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see any reason to beat up on Rubio endlessly over his youthful mistakes. He and the Democrats were defeated on amnesty and he is out of office soon.

Rubio is a Cuban dissident and well-hated by the Democrats. He is a highly talented speaker. He has made some mistakes so he needs time to regroup. If he uses his brains, he should have a good future as a conservative.

Clearly, Phyllis Schlafly has stated Rubio's Achilles heel.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like Breitbart is getting scared their hero Donald Trump is losing his leads and about to lose the nomination.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Rubio should have a bright future as a neoconservative.

More war, more debt, more government, less freedom.

Boy Howdy I am so looking forward to the samo samo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, he's owned:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just one month after she endorsed Donald Trump for president, conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly says she is facing down an attempt to oust her from Eagle Forum, the grass-roots organization she founded 44 years ago.

"At 2 p.m. today, six directors of Eagle Forum met in an improper, unprecedented telephone meeting," Schlafly said in a curious and specific statement sent to reporters Monday evening. "I objected to the meeting and at 2:11pm, I was muted from the call. The meeting was invalid under the bylaws but the attendees purported to pass several motions to wrest control of the organization from me. They are attempting to seize access to our bank accounts, to terminate employees, and to install members of their own Gang of 6 to control the bank accounts and all of Eagle Forum."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...llis-schlafly-endorses-trump-then-faces-coup/

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for posting this! This has been a surprising turn of events. To me, it is an illustration of the difficulty that a Southern Baptist has in getting political support. The only thing that Cruz has ever done, in my opinion, to warrant such negative feelings is to denounce McConnell on the Senate floor--and here Cruz is not criticized for presenting false information but for violating an etiquette that allows people to lie about their plans for the nation and then says that you must respect the liar no matter how devastating for the nation.