1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Picky Printer

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by bruren777, Jan 23, 2006.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I purchased a new HP Deskjet Printer a couple of months ago. When the paper that came with the printer ran out I bought a package of paper at Costco. The paper is Xerox Premium Multipurpose, 24lb, Heavyweight.

The computer opens a message: "Printer is out of Paper", when it is not. The new paper stops part way from the tray into the printer, it does not jam.

I checked the moaners manual and followed the destructions, all to no avail. I had not remembered the new paper. I called HPs support line, the tech walked me through the troubleshoot proceedure that he has. Nothing worked, the tech said "it can't be fixed over the phone and I need to send it to HP.

I remembered the paper I got at Costco. I took it out of the tray and put in binder paper, just for a test, I sent a mesage to the printer. It printed, with one small problem it kinda crumpled slightly in the printer, but did not jam.

The plan of the day for tomorrow is I go back to Costco and exchange the paper for the right stuff or get a refund and go to Staples to buy the right stuff.

Just thought I'd pass this along to save anyone else any problems.

I did something similar once when I bought some new shoes, I got two left shoes. It took me two weeks of wearing them to realize I had two left shoes. So I took them back and explained my problem, they gave me two right shoes and they still don't feel right.

[​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG]