1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Picture from February 1st, NYC

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Actually, as someone born & reared in Ulster I can tell you there are often offensive protests, both pro-Irish & pro-British (and therefore by definition anti-British or anti-Irish), which are protected by law. Come March 17th Sinn Fein will hijack the St.Patrick's Day rally in Belfast offending the majority of citizens who live there, and on the 12th July the Orange Order parades with their followers will in all likelihood offend some in the nationalist community. No one is beaten up with state sanction.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This whole debate reminds me of a section of Orwell's 1984 where a stranger is turned in to the police and arrested because he had on the wrong kind of shoes.

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Thank you for the info Ulsterman. And I have gotten way deeper than I intended. My original comments were basically a joke, and had nothing to do with state sanctioned whuppin in any way.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

What, with that Italian brigand's mustache? No way! </font>[/QUOTE]In the early 90s when I wore a full beard my students in a Current Events class were convinced that I was the twin of the Iranian foreign minister ;) .

When I got my first alien ID card here my friends said I looked like a terrorist.

I no longer where a full beard ;) .

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Nope, not similar at all really

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Interesting NiteShift. How does it differ? Part of the reason these men are suspected of being non-citizens is the way they look, is it not?

7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Wise choice!

8. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well, when you see people dressed as foreigners, holding a foreign flag, and carrying signs depicting the US capital under subjection, then I assume they are foreign. You may see it otherwise, and are apparently determined to do so ;)

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

How do American citizens dress?

If I remember when I get home today I will post a pic of me with full beard to see if you would "trust" me on sight ;) .

Sorry no pics with full beard in Muslim dress [​IMG] .