1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Picture of Resurrection

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Seth3, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Picture of Ressurection and picture of the false witnesses of it.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy THIS TEMPLE, and in three days I will raise it up.

John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (They saw the rebuilding of THEIR Physical temple)

John 2:21 But he spake of the TEMPLE OF HIS BODY.

False Witnesses are defined by their testimony being wrong about what Jesus said according to how they heard it (hearing they heard not) This mis representation of the resurrection itself.

Mark 14:56 For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together. (57) And there arose certain, and bare FALSE WITNESS against him, saying,

Mark 14:58 We HEARD HIM SAY, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Mat 26:60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, [yet] found they none. ((AT THE LAST)) came TWO FALSE WITNESSES,

Mat 26:61 And said, This [fellow] said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

Psalm 35:11 False witnesses did rise up; they LAID TO MY CHARGE [things] that I knew not.

1Corinth 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1Corinth 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which TEMPLE YE ARE.

1Corinth 15:41 Speaks of the glory of the stars (Fourth day) then goes into explanation of the ressurection, we then can turn to the picture of Lazarus which shows what Paul was speaking of. So if Christ was raised on the first Day, then three days AFTER (Christ raising His Body=Temple=US) shows the fourth day (three days from the first) Theres complete harmony in scripture.

1Corinth 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

John 11:12 Then when JESUS CAME, he found that he had [lain] in the grave FOUR DAYS already.

John 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

John 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, LOOSE HIM LET HIM GO.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE

1Corinth 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

1Corinth 15:55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

Phil 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Always given over to death that the Life of Christ be revealed in us.

For precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

Thus Jesus wept.

Jesus said Lazurs' sickness was not unto death (but said that he was dead). As Paul said, "Hoping against HOPE" which is as proverbs says, HOPE DEFERRED makes the HEART SICK. but a longing fulfilled is the Tree of LIFE. So when Jesus heard Lazarus was sick it states that he WAITED 2 more days (Hope deferred) He tarried where He was until it looked as if all hope was gone.

In this Jesus then shows the preciousness in the death of His Saints, then their longing fulfilled is seen in being the TREE OF LIFE IN Lazarus (Raised from the dead) seen in Col 1:27 which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory:

as in Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

Psalm 119:29 My soul BREAKETH for the LONGING [that it hath] unto thy judgments at all times Psalm 107:9 For he satisfieth the LONGING SOUL, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

To Martha He tried to explain the hope of the glory of God (in one).

John 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, IF THOUGH WOULDEST BELIEVE, thou SHOULDEST SEE the GLORY OF GOD? (Christ IN YOU) HOPE of the Resurrection.

Lazarus had a NAPKIN (a VEIL) over HIS FACE and in the FACE of Christ (Seeing Face to Face)

2Corinth 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the FACE of Jesus Christ.
    The Veil (Napkin seen on Lazarus face) removed.

2Corinth 3:18 But we all, with OPEN FACE beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Ephes 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (As the Stars on the fourth day=picture of the Resurrection seen in Lazarus)

God Bless

Seth3

2. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Using the scriptures from above and many more I'm trying to show a comparative picture in the gospels to what Paul spoke of concerning the hope of the resurrection.

The correlation of the picture of Lazarus as being those of us hoping in the glory of God to be revealed IN US. Its "this hope" we should have, being glorified in us, would be Christ in us, to know the fellowship of his sufferings (given over to death) and power of His resurrection (that the life of Christ be revealed in us who believe). It goes beautifully within the picture of Lazarus.

Like Hope (where we might be at any given time in the Lord) might be defered in our experience (seen as Jesus tarrying) and our longing fulfilled the Tree of Life (Christ) in us fully seen face to face as Paul confirms. In that I mean Spiritually. We are changed by beholding Him. So the veil or napkin over Lazarus face is symbolic to me (when removed) of the inner revelation of Christ.

In regards to the false witnesses as they testified of the ressurection in a wrong manner He called THEM "False witnesses" and showed the examples of how they saw it in the wrong light. As Paul said, "destroying the faith of some" concerning those who said it happened already, whereas I see it happening in each one who has this hope within them.

I shared scriptures that to me speak of the resurected life "in us" that we all have hope for. As Jesus said to Martha, "If thou believed thou should see the glory of God".

Paul has the LIGHT of the gospel (its meaning is revealed to Paul) paul uses spiritual words from both the Old Testament as well as Christs words to convey those spiritual truths, in weighing them this is where I see Paul drawing from when expressing the Life of Christ in us.

I also see comparitive pictures according to "days" as representive of the Spiritual truths in Christ. The Stars set in the heavens on the fourth day, Lazarus raised up (let loose, freed) into the resuected life of Christ after four days.

God Bless

Seth3

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you trying to argue that Christ was not "Really" raised from the dead?

In Christ,

Bob

4. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

On the Contrary Bob where do you see this?

Seth3?